all you td04 guys help

hey guys its me again

so ive finally got the build done and have done over the pistons cams rods the works for the interior stuff... rebuilt my exhaust from scratch built me a wonderful down down pipe fitted the td04 redid my intercool piping ... everything looks mint if u ask me( the tig welder was the best spent money our garage has ever invested customeverything for freeeeeee) i have the ecu in but havent started tuning it ad i wana work out the kinks before i get to that....

so this is where the isue begins... after changing all the parts minus the ecu (the harnes has a port to run the original ecu till your ready for it) the car started acting funny after it hits 6500 rpm .... it almost feels like im hitting a rev limiter... kinda like if im itting boost cut...

I know its not boost cut cuz befor i redid everything my actuator was bad on the stock set up and my boost would spike so i know what that feels like its not that.... if i put it in neutral and give it the gasss to board it sounds like i have a launch control ... it bounces at 65 which sounds the shit butttttt i kinda need my car running past 65 on the track and befor i start tunning....

i have an uprated aeromotive fuel pressure regulator ( and condemed the old regulator so fuel flows) and left the injectors alone... I changed the pump last year but it was a stock intank pump so im unsure if it is that is the proplem... it does kinda feel like im running out of fuel when im in 5th and hitting bout 190kmh

i kinda feel like something electrical isnt connected or needs to be so i can get past this

ummmmmm im relly shot for ideas.... it feels like fuel or electrical to me come on guys answers answers answers... hit me what uve got

and on the aside from my little caribbean country i wish you allll a.......MERRRRYYY CHRRISSSTMAAASSSSS AANNDDD AAA HAAAPPPPYYY NNEEEWWWW YEEEAAARRRRRR

Edited by rasslenny

hey guys its me again

so ive finally got the build done and have done over the pistons cams rods the works for the interior stuff... rebuilt my exhaust from scratch built me a wonderful down down pipe fitted the td04 redid my intercool piping ... everything looks mint if u ask me( the tig welder was the best spent money our garage has ever invested customeverything for freeeeeee) i have the ecu in but havent started tuning it ad i wana work out the kinks before i get to that....

so this is where the isue begins... after changing all the parts minus the ecu (the harnes has a port to run the original ecu till your ready for it) the car started acting funny after it hits 6500 rpm .... it almost feels like im hitting a rev limiter... kinda like if im itting boost cut...

I know its not boost cut cuz befor i redid everything my actuator was bad on the stock set up and my boost would spike so i know what that feels like its not that.... if i put it in neutral and give it the gasss to board it sounds like i have a launch control ... it bounces at 65 which sounds the shit butttttt i kinda need my car running past 65 on the track and befor i start tunning....

i have an uprated aeromotive fuel pressure regulator ( and condemed the old regulator so fuel flows) and left the injectors alone... I changed the pump last year but it was a stock intank pump so im unsure if it is that is the proplem... it does kinda feel like im running out of fuel when im in 5th and hitting bout 190kmh

i kinda feel like something electrical isnt connected or needs to be so i can get past this

ummmmmm im relly shot for ideas.... it feels like fuel or electrical to me come on guys answers answers answers... hit me what uve got

and on the aside from my little caribbean country i wish you allll a.......MERRRRYYY CHRRISSSTMAAASSSSS AANNDDD AAA HAAAPPPPYYY NNEEEWWWW YEEEAAARRRRRR

You running stock ecU?? if so it will defo be fuel cut and sound very much like fuel cut

From how you are describing it, it sounds like fuel cut but it could also be knocking its tits off too depending on boost you are running etc.

Tuning would be top of the list to be honest pal. If you are tuning yourself get to it and you can always make tweaks if you make any changes. If you are paying someone else to tune it I would say get it all right and get it tuned.

Don't take short cuts to save money with tuning, it is the be all and end all of the final setup and if you run it untuned it could to irreparable damage to your engine.

oki so i think the additional bost was to much for my head gasket and it destroyed it so replacing that and then bring on the tuning

I think the fact you ran a td04 unmapped will of caused it to run lean and Det. This increases your cylinder pressures by shitloads (something like 10x IIRC) and will of blown it out.

When will people learn that the most important part of a setup is the map !

Starting to think it's mot worth telling people any more.

Edited by Driver

the shop was down and i needed a car to get to work so i drove it at my own risk and kabooom.... and it didnt help that i had a oem gasket in there... but ive learned my lesson... as soon as i find me a metal gasket the car is going to be tunned

not in Trinidad they are not. if u find after market parts in this country they are the cheapest Taiwanese garbage parts in the world that you wouldnt put in a farm lorry. I dont think you guys know how lucky you are sitting up there in the uk, the caribbean is shit for parts. Well I lie for starlet parts. If i had an rb(any series) a 3s or an sr20 id be in the money we got those parts flying out we arses... I however like beating up the big cars with the starlet....

any who i just got off my paypal account and ordered me a 1.4 metal head gasket from tuning developments... Mike is officially the tits he sending it fed ex next day for me and it aint costing me much at all. second time im buying stuff from them i got to give them credit customer service is tops there

I should be on the rd tuning by Saturday if all plays out well. ill post and let you all know how it goes