very very hard dude. i tried on my brothers old car and its really dodgy to do. you get it looking ok then bubbles just start appering.

get it done pro in my opinion. mine are still perfect 2 years on.

DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!!!

It WILL be wank and look very stupid,probably end up costing you for a pro anyway to sort the mess that your likely to make of it!

Not saying you're gonna be crap at it but i've done a few windows before and it aint easy. :p

preach to that paul. i paid about £130ish to get it done pro. i would pay that every time rather than screw about with self tint stuff. it takes major skill.

LOL, sparky's nickin catchphrases now,it looks a piece of piss but how often have you seen other folks shite attempts at it.

The secret is lots of soapy water, a pin,a good squeegie and a stanley blade and lots and lots of practice and patience!

I'd use a pro every time for the little amount it'll cost,if they mess it up then they gotta do it again. :p

If you own a heat gun its a simple job with a bit of patience.

you want some baby shampoo mixed with water.

Meths to clean the glass.

Moddeling knife to trim the tint.

The rear screen will want to be done in 2 or 3 strips, you apply the film on the outside of the glass, trim it etc.

Then peel it off, remove the backing film , and apply to the inside of the glass.

Use a heat gun to mould it slightly, it will form hard curves easier.

Cut the rear window film into 3 strips and but them up to the rear de-mister lines in the glass.Do it carefully and yo wont notice the joins.

Just make sure you have a clean , dust free board to lay the tint on whilst youre peeling the backing off.

Any dust that settles on either the adhesive side of the tint OR the glass itself, will become noticeable especially with darker tint films :p

Dont crease the film either as it will put crease lines in it which again will notice when youve applied it.

Most of all, buy quality film .

OR pay a pro lol

if you want an idea of what it will look like check my thread. i have dark on the rear, medium on the back sides and light on the fronts. looks more blended in. and i was told mine are legal. but cant confirm this mate.

you cant get the front windscreen done at all. ive just had mine done. i got limo on the back three and the legal 17.5% on the front it aint worth paying for it it just looks like it dirty glass. and if you havent realy done it before i would say leave it to pros.

• 1 year later...
There's a first time for everything. I learnt through trial and error. :)

Same here. I know I said I'd go pro last time but I did all our old GT's myself apart from the rear screen and they didn't look bad at all, only cost £30 all in. So i did the front two on my own car too. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

someone do starlet wndows tint in coventry for 80 for sure for back 3 windows....

But i have done tinting for my last car, and it was great, no bubbles....

Just need to do it really carefully and quick!!

Make sure you use a really sharp blade to cut the tint,....

If you dont have heat guy, just use hair dryer instead!!!

Good Luck!

• 1 year later...