cheap car transporters

been looking at getting my 4paw picked up from liverpool to scotland its a 262mile journey was trying shiply and they quoted me between £280-400 to have it picked up depending on dates. positive ive herd of people getting it alot cheaper but not sure best place to start looking. idealy id like to go down and grab it myself but think work commitments might get in the way.

any help be great

cheers shaun

I've always found Shiply to give the cheapest quotes. They've just quoted me £134 for a car that's 190 miles away from us, it'd cost us more than that in fuel! I might even get cheaper quotes yet as I only posted it last night.

hmm quote botton isnt working.

id realy like to go down and get it myself but i need to look into getting a car that can tow a trailer and someone that can tow a trailer. the trailer itself i dont see being an issue going to check it out when i get into work. normaly shiply is cheaper than i could do myself but i reakon i could do it cheaper myself never towed anything before so i dont fancy a baptism by fire and my first go being a fully loaded trailer for 260 miles. might give my dad a shout see if hes free but again its then finding time that we are both free todo it.

am determind to try go get it myself if £280 is the cheapest it can be done but we shall see

Never thought it wont be legal to drive anyway.

You would need a flat bed trailer aswell if you want to tow it. Too many rules otherwise.

Trailer wise just hire one from mitchells hire drive mate or some other hire company they have loads of things and just take some dirty diesel for the towing.

does a 380 mile trip seriously cost that much in a s3 iddy?

380 miles there and back in the S3 would be £100 if driven sensibly. Then £50 of fuel in the Glanza to cover the 190 mile trip home. Plus it would take most of a day, and time is money!

dont get a reception in my house so will have a browse and see if i can get a trailer. hoped to get the one at work but its fecked so thats that plan out the window. you no any places near you that rent trailers?