fitting a walbro help?

I started to try and fit my walbro fuel pump but i got stuck at the first step lol!!! i removed the seats and there was a metal cover with to wires going into it but how do you remove the cover ??? its stuck down with some tuff old stuff any help would be great

Andrew

Its body sealent silicone.

Best bet, remove fuel filler cap and give it a while to let gasses escape.

Get a brand new stanley knife blade, and hack,hack and hack some more at the paste thats holding the cover on !

Might take you a while but if you run the blade all the way round the cover a few times over, then give it a wee prise it should pop off.

Its body sealent silicone.

Best bet, remove fuel filler cap and give it a while to let gasses escape.

Get a brand new stanley knife blade, and hack,hack and hack some more at the paste thats holding the cover on !

Might take you a while but if you run the blade all the way round the cover a few times over, then give it a wee prise it should pop off.

cheers buddy your a legend

Andrew

Right paul came and had a look today at the pump and he was stumped aswell heres a pic any help with this would be great. Ive contacted toby and hes sent the pic off to walbro i think someones made ass about face :(

Picture103-1.jpg

Picture105-2.jpg

Even in the diagram it shows it the other way round

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

off topic slightly,

but am I right in thinking that a fuel pump that can flow 255ltr an hour etc will only flow that if asked to, so you could drop one in tank and it would happily continue on the stock ECU to provide the right fuel? Obviously it's a different story with the injectors...

Should be piss to fit on my car as the interior is all gone and I never looked what was under that black plate :unsure:

off topic slightly,

but am I right in thinking that a fuel pump that can flow 255ltr an hour etc will only flow that if asked to, so you could drop one in tank and it would happily continue on the stock ECU to provide the right fuel? Obviously it's a different story with the injectors...

Should be piss to fit on my car as the interior is all gone and I never looked what was under that black plate :D

I would say thats right. I've been running mine on the stock ecu with the walbro for over a year without problems.

It just makes a bit more noise than the stock one the way it is. :unsure: