Short answer chris, no. I could bridge the pins and set my idle at 750_770rpm because I kbow ive no vaccum leaks and my throttle is set spot on but u are fitting a new engine. A timing light is 20quid or ask around, someones dad always has one. My timing light is 36years old and Im 29.

You will use it again if you have it, 20quid is cheaper than than a cracked piston. Search how to set base timing. It 10° btdc on a warm engine with check pins crossed using a paperclip. Then when all timing is right you can set your throttle idle screw. Always check tps switch because its a on off type instead of the newer dimmer switch type.

Just a side note,

I've seen that retarding the ignition to about 6 degrees, i gain a lot in mid range... and not actually loosing at high rpm...

You would net more torque lower down the rev range, but it will suffer top end, which is where maximum ignition timing works best. You would be best off seeing what it does on the dyno, but every engines different.