Cooling system questions?

It can't be mate pretty sure of it, I've tried two now and the one I took out was working fine with the kettle test, the other is brand new.

Taking it out will definately let it run warm because its like a big gaping hole as opposed to the stat only being a small hole even when open.

I'm wondering if the hg is going, causing boost to pressurise the cooling system and force the stat closed? Hence why on idle its fine, but as soon as I drive it goes cold

Suppose there is only one way to find out rip it apart :)

I don't want to without knowing first though? :/

Can't be stat though surely? 2 of em that look to be working when tested, one brand new...can't be faulty?

Testing them in boiling water isn't really right you need to have a thermo in there to get it to the right temp to see if it opens when it should could be opening at boiling point which is to late if its in the engine you see where I'm coming from :)

Got to be your stat mate I took mine out and it stayed hot on the bottom hose I'm going with my rad and cap being fooked sent my new rad off today to be sorted then ill no it that was my problem.

who have you sent the rad to out of interest