my wheel centre bore too small?

Hi, Ive bought a set of wheels for my EP91 (16x7j Adikt Excels) and the centre bore of the alloy seems to small so it wont slide over the centre bore of the hub to make the wheels sit flush against the hub. Its strange as these came off of a starlet to begin with. anyone got any idea what could be the problem?

ive not had chance to look properly and only test mounted one on the front. but the hub has a metal ring around the centre. anyone know if this can be removed?

sorry if it's a bit vague but im not too clued in on wheels etc

can upload pics this weekend if thats helpful?

Pinske.

Chances are the wheels you have are honda fitment of 55/56mm which is why you have the small ring on there (spigot ring) remove this and you should be able to fit the new wheels.

Most aftermarket wheels need spigot rings to fit to toyotas as they have a very small centerbore in comparison to most other manufactures ;)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump up an old thread but just to confirm the centre bore is 54 mm on Starlets. Only reason I'm asking is because I'm ordering some H&R wheel spacers soon and I want them to be the right size.

Thanks

Aamir