Half of my Indiglos don't light up

Alright everyone, I'm back in a starlet and It's got a lovely set of Indiglo dials in it. The problem is at night only the rev counter, boost and the temp gauge light up whilst the speedometer and fuel gauge do not - which is a bit of a problem at night and sometimes I have to resort to using the interior light to light up the speedo. Is there any way to fix them without buying a completely new set or reverting back to standard dials?

Thanks in advance

Shafz.

Sounds like an electrical problem ... The indigo dials have a power source of their own and just sit over the standard dials. Sounds like the dial > power box wire has come loose. . . Trace the wiring back and see of the are any problems.

Each section of the dial has its own wire. If only one isn't working then I can't think of anything else.

N80Jamie had the same problem with his dials.

It wasn't the dial but the physical connections to the electroluminescent panel themselves. Check the wires going to the ones that don't light up. You may find that one of the power wires to them has come loose.

Thanks mate, definitely gonna try to sort it out later, would soldering them do the trick?

@Matt1878, just saw your reply, thanks mate, going to try sort it out later! Missed having a starlet haha if this happened in my Golf I'd probably be bent over for a new cluster or something!

Edited by ShafzC