Corolla vs 4EFTE inlet with N/A TB

Basically guys just wandering if i was to have both which one would i use? looking for your thoughts even though this has probably been posted before couldn't find it though!

Corolla inlet vs Glanza inlet with n/a throttle body!

well the ep8* jdm 100ps engines run 4efte style manifolds. and my ep85 na engine was nippy as fook! the later spec jdm na engines ran the corrola inlets but i dont belive they where the 100ps versions of the engine.

That's right, but the 100ps 4efe has an extra 1000 rpm redline and stiffer valve sting to accommodate that top end, peak owner on the 100ps is at ~6600 iirc, the uk spec only revs to 6200.

Depends what you want they both have different characteristics, fte shift power to top, rolla gives nice smooth power curve

Thanks buddy just looking for a weigh up really i have both on the way and wandering which one to fit :) anyone know which n/a's pushed the most power and with what manifold? I know amjad pushed 86.** with a corolla inlet and other mods but not sure of any with the 4efte manifold ad standard throttle body

No idea, its all pinion as there no before after print outs. You'll get more peak power out the fte, but peak power doesn't necessarily mean its faster.

I ran a fte but a few other extra mods aswell so I'd hope to beet amjads figure, doubt I'll ever know now as went turbo lol

If you are after a 4efte style manifold, the early starlets and corrolas run them. They will be a direct swap without having to plug up holes etc. And I think the n/a throttle body will the same size. If you use a fte inlet, the size of the intake hole and the n/a TB hole are mismatched.

Here's one I way going to buy but need funds elsewhere atm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370769936957?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Avoid the 4efte manifolds. Look at everyones dyno graphs on here that run4efte and you will see power decrease from idle until 5000rpm where it then spikes to a grand total of 86bhp. Corolla manifolds make power throughout the rev range. Fact

Im testing a spacer for a 50mm on a corolla manifold soon which will be great.

4efte might be better if fuelling was tuned to match it. But we are too poor for that.. :-)

Avoid the 4efte manifolds. Look at everyones dyno graphs on here that run4efte and you will see power decrease from idle until 5000rpm where it then spikes to a grand total of 86bhp. Corolla manifolds make power throughout the rev range. Fact

Im testing a spacer for a 50mm on a corolla manifold soon which will be great.

4efte might be better if fuelling was tuned to match it. But we are too poor for that.. :-)

I see thanks for this information however i heared that with the standard n/a throttle body and the glanza inlet manifold it's meant to be alot better than a corolla manifold? people say the n/a throttle body maintains bottom end whilst the manifold gives you better mid top end ?

I ran 87.6bhp and 89ish torque on a Corolla mani and cat-back, with a cheapo pod filter

Switched back to K&N panel and it has heaps more torque, it's a town daily driver friendly setup but still fun when you want it to be.

I ran 87.6bhp and 89ish torque on a Corolla mani and cat-back, with a cheapo pod filter

Switched back to K&N panel and it has heaps more torque, it's a town daily driver friendly setup but still fun when you want it to be.

Thanks amjad buddy think ill use the corolla manifold but with having both i may change we'll see, look forward to seeing the n/a this summer that is if it'll be going to the shows?

4efte shifts the power so far to the top I think. This would be a good thread to post a.few dynographs if the owners dont mind.

Great idea if we could do that! Save people searching around all the time for the same answer or creating a new thread!

Thanks amjad buddy think ill use the corolla manifold but with having both i may change we'll see, look forward to seeing the n/a this summer that is if it'll be going to the shows?

No problem! Unfortunately not, plan is to get my GT on the road in the Summer :)

No problem! Unfortunately not, plan is to get my GT on the road in the Summer :)

Damn ok buddy i guess if its what you want :) i can't wait for boost but would love to have a look around your n/a also :)

Ryan devinports- standard

amjad and sirens together - corola manifold

Ryan lang and joels togethet- glanza manifold

We can then see corolla gives high smoothish torque curve and glanza gives 15bhp less throughout the rev range until vtech kicks in.

Id like to speak to ryan devinport because he made huge power and torque using a standard inlet manifold.

Edited by rmsnoel