Year: 1998
Model: EP91 Toyota Starlet Sportif
Tax: 31st March 2013
MOT: 9th April 2014
Mileage: 75,000

Description:

I can no longer afford to run my car and I could do with freeing up some money for the remainder of my University year and the coming summer. I have owned the car for just over two years now and it has served me well as a first car. It has always been reliable, getting me to college and University every day without a problem.

Mechanically the car is perfect and has never missed a beat. The only repair work that I have had to carry to keep it running was to replace two wheel bearings, replace the backbox (due to corrosion) and recondition the front callipers because of a brake imbalance.

The paint work on the car is the only thing that I have never been terribly happy about. There are a few small areas where the top coat has been scuffed and patches where the lacquer has lifted.

The car was fitted with a Toad Alarm A50 when the car was originally bought. Does not have immobiliser or central locking but makes a hell of a noise when the alarm goes off!

Modifications

JVC stereo – CD player, auxiliary in and USB port

Uprated Front Speakers – 3 way alpines if I remember correctly

OEM speaker parcel shelf uprated Fli speakers.

Blitz air filter

Custom Powerflow Exhaust – Custom cat back stainless steel exhaust system fitted around a year and an half ago. I think the cat to backbox pipe is 1.75” or 2” with a 2.5” slanted tip. This is in great condition and cost me an absolute fortune!

Spax lowering springs that have brought the car down by about 40mm all round.

Glanza rear bumper – Sprayed red to match the car but now faded. Ideally could do with respraying.

TTE spoiler – In very good condition and respray in red is near perfect.

Speedline alloys – Recently been fully refurbished in anthracite. The embossed Speedline logo writing on all wheels have been finely painted red. All wheels are in good condition with minimal scuffs and marks due to the winter weather. Could do with another coat of heavy duty lacquer.

2 x Toyo Proxies on the front and 2 x Champiro’s on the rear. All tyres have at least 5mm tread left.

Price: £1200 ONO

Pictures:

2013-03-04152310.jpg

2013-03-04152255.jpg

2013-03-04152424.jpg

2013-03-04152346.jpg

2013-03-04152405.jpg

2013-03-04152441.jpg

Contact Details: PM on here or text 07972837442

Edited by Socks
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm open to any sensible offers, I will consider them all. Currently I am not overly keen on selling the car, I just haven't had much use for it recently and it would be helpful to free up the money. I would take £1000 as a minimum!

u might get more interest for around the 900-1000 mark, not even mint SRs go for 1200 anymore.

you always put proper negative comments paul, but i agree this is worth a solid 1k

• 2 weeks later...

There's a tiny patch of rust from a scratch on the drivers door sill but apart from that it the body is completely rust free! No paint bubbling, just scratched in places and some lacquer peel!

Try doubling that again and a little more ;) The exhaust is in great condition! Will consider taking it off, polishing it up and taking some photos when i go home at the end of next month!

• 1 month later...

Would anybody consider buying the part seperately? I'm thinking of getting an exhaust from the scrappy, putting the original wheels back on and selling the car for £500-600.

Will polish the stainless steel exhaust and advertise it for £300?

Will consider selling the wheels in great condition, with good tires all round (5-6mm toyo proxies on the front) for £350 ONO?

Edited by danick1991
  • 1 month later...