Crankcase breather

Hey all.. Not a starlet query but still an engine query :) ive got my new car and found the crankcase breather has split now it had completley disintigrated in the middle and i cant get the part right now as im skint :(.. is it ok to just block off whee it goes to the intake and leave the rest of the pipe venting to air?.. just i do get a lump when at idle and not sure whether im doing harm..

Make sure what u block it with doesnt get sucked into the engine. Vent to atmosphere, dont block the engine side of it as it must vent. Get fixed soon as you can afford as it needs vaccum to suck the fumes out of the engine

Well if its blocked then your gettin slighty less air at idle so it could be that. Cant see any photos and dont know what car this is on so couldnt comment at the minute. Unscrew your oilcap and see does your revs change. If the engine side is blocked it will cause a lumpy idle on our 4e

Would a open breather cause a whine when driving? Then disappear after hitting 2k ? Do vac leaks do that??

Mine does this too from my open breather set up always wondered if it was correct?

Mine ain't on a glanza but I didnt have my crankcase breather connected and was just venting to air and never had a issue.. Just the crankcase needs a vacumm to draw out excess gas that's the only downside to it..