brake upgrade

hello people. my first major mod im making to my glanza is gonna be a brake upgrade. im going for:

10 grove 3g disks £100

mintex 1144 pads £65

zep braided lines £98

cusco bcs £56

will also be using 5.1 brake fluid.

total: £319

anyone running the same?

would you reccomend this set up as a good upgrade over stock?

worth the £££?

also how are insurance companies with brake upgrades? how much do they add on to the policy? as i doubt it will reduce it ;) would i have to tell them every thing ive listed above?

thanks for any replies.

keiran

Thats a very similar set up to me.....

I have 3G 10 grooves and greenstuff fitted at the moment... made a nice difference over the stock n/a brakes

I have the ZEP braided lines to go on along with Ferodo pads hopefully that will improve them even more.

It maybe worthwile for you to go all out as I THINK 3G big discs conversion is only £500ish in the group buy, check Dave Burwash's Store ;)

i have a similar setup and the breaks performe admirably resisting fade,

but for that cash you could have the braded lines, bcs

and some twin piston calipers and discs.

its all up to you bud but id go for the second option.

Wise choice going for braking mods.

Im running 3g 10groove discs, Mintex extreme pads and earls braided lines on motul fluid.

Grips plenty for my driving and resists fade pretty damn well.

£300's for quality braking is well worth it in my opinion.

I wouldnt bother uprating the calipers unless youre running mega power or trackday it lots.

Im running 3g 10groove discs, Mintex extreme pads and earls braided lines on motul fluid.

I was running the same as Ragger -- Apart from matched Mintex Ctech discs and pads, had spanky red coated earls hoses and motul 5.1 fluid. Once they bedded in they were well worth the money!

cool.

any one got any idea why the bcs requires modification to fit on abs model?

will have to have a think about my options. i dont really need to go all out on the brakes as im staying standared power for a while. i think the set up i mentioned will meet my requirements. i need new disks and pads soon anyway so thought i might as well use this as a reason for upgrading now.

cool.

any one got any idea why the bcs requires modification to fit on abs model?

will have to have a think about my options. i dont really need to go all out on the brakes as im staying standared power for a while. i think the set up i mentioned will meet my requirements. i need new disks and pads soon anyway so thought i might as well use this as a reason for upgrading now.

Well if yours are getting low any way, for not much more you may as well go uprated ;)

The setup you mentioned will be perfect mate