Corolla manifold damage?

Want to do this mod myself. I went to a breakers the other day to buy manifolds and injectors from a corrolla but they'd crushed the car! One of the guys there told me I shouldn't go messing with manifolds and injectors, I told him engines are the same and loads of people have done it, but he siad its no good and reckons i'd have to potch about with the electronics/wiring and shit to do it propa...and if I didn't it would eventually fuck the engine.

What do you all think about this? Is he speaking shit or is there a bit of truth in his opinion? I still wanna do the mod, but need to know if theoretically they are anyany risks because of differnces in electronics between the two cars?

Also

The map sensor should compensate for any differences that mani would have. Nothing to worry about really

would this be automatic?

cheers

Edited by scatter

The injectors are a maybe, as the ecu is programmed to a certain size injector, you put bigger ones on its not going to know the difference in size so would over fuel on a stock car.

So if stock it knows to open them for .001 of a sec and that allows .001 litres through you put a bigger injector on that will still open for the same time but might let .002 litres through so would be too much fuel (only and example not accurate by any means)

But with the correct mods from a similar car and engine the injectors would be fine to change albeit rather pointless imo, because i guarantee the stock injectors aren't being pushed to Anywhere near there limit, so you would be better off buying a rrfpr and getting it setup on a rolling road to utilise the mods you have.

cheers man, when he said it I was thinking he meant just injectors but he reckoned it'd be the same with manifolds. but wasn't sure to believe him because surely the manifold only effects physical gas flow, am i right in thinking this?

Edited by scatter

agreed! hitting the limiter in every gear for two years, and not having enough oil when it went bang. not a good mix ;)

Well, now I know I'm not wrong in driving it to the max after it's warmed up :D

Atleast I check my oil every 1000km or so.

by the way, on topic: I run my Rolla Mani for nearly a year now, revving it to the limit everytime I start at a stop-light (so just going from first to fifth gear :D )

Edited by Xpect