hi, been offered some tein coilovers, 20k miles covered with a bit of rust on the bottom of the shocks aparantly.

are they worth £400 though? i was thinking of getting the koni shocks but since the prices are the same i need advise

hi, been offered some tein coilovers, 20k miles covered with a bit of rust on the bottom of the shocks aparantly.

are they worth £400 though? i was thinking of getting the koni shocks but since the prices are the same i need advise

The seller may claim they have covered only 20k miles, but have they or not.

Make sure you get some kind of guarantee that there not leaking or faulty.

Dont want to pay £400 and upon opening them up, there pissing fluid out.

£400 is pretty steep imo, you could pay another £200 ish more and get brand new d2's

But then again im not a lover of Tein's so im not the best person to comment i suppose.

They leak wayyy to easy and the prices are mad.

IMO go for D2's, bargain price and spot on quality.

£400 is pretty steep imo, you could pay another £200 ish more and get brand new d2's

thats what i was thinking, £200 extra for new unabused would be worth it i guess

anyone got the koni/kyb shocks? what are they like?

The uprated KYB shocks are the same spec as the TRD shocks that I had on my car, they're pretty good and shouldn't pose any problems!

As Glanza Ragger said, TEIN's tend to burst as they aren't really designed for british roads (well they've released a new range with dampening/spring rates suited to our shit roads, but that's a bit irrelavent) My mate had 2 sets of TEINs on his GT4 in the space of 2 years.

Mine have been on about 18months, second hand, Ice, rain, sleet, snow, large potholes and run over things that buckled my wheels twice, and span off the road up a small curb, no issues.

Just make sure your buying a set of good condition ones if you do buy em.

D2's are a very good buy. Deffo better for all round UK use

Id probably buy d2's if i were to have another go. But didn't have that kinda money at the time.

They are a good bit of kit and look great.

Also keep your old suspension for a while just incase, thats what i did.

People with Teins tend to drive UBER SLOW. Mainly because they feel every little bump and loose bit of gravel in the road.

Unless you get a set of Teins with softer spring rates, forget them.

I went for cuscos with a softer spring setup.The general set of Teins from japan will make youre starlet pretty much useless on our roads.There designed for tracks and japanese road which are far smoother than ours.

As lobotomy stated, thats exactly why they allways burst and piss fluid everywhere inside youre arch.

Either go for a very soft set of springs or go for a different brand.

I know a guy with Tein HR's on his gt, and he has been through 2 sets in under a year too! And Teins service sucks ass too.You have to wait for weeks to even get a reply about collection of the damper.

I still say, if the Teins have covered 20k miles, and there going for £400 ... Forget them, and put another couple of hundred for brand spanking new D2's .

The spring rates are more suited to our roads plus you get damping and rebound adjustability.Cant get better than that. (plus there purple) ;)

lol^

why you still going on about it if hes chosen?

i think its because I got a set of them.

lol!

lol nah matey, i was actually talking about a guy i know, do alot of work for him.

He has had a brand new set of Teins pop within 20k miles.Not too clever when youre paying such a high price tag for them.

Amazing dampers for track slagging it, but i wouldnt run the harsher springs with them for everyday driving.Just makes it sore on the old ass ;)