Clutch Question... Help Needed Urgently!

Hi guys,

I recently bought a forged engine, clutch kit and a few other parts from a member on here. I asked him to send me pics of the clutch once the engine was out. I was told it was a performance clutch kit, although he wasnt sure what type only that it ran 318bhp with no slip or issues. Happy days... or so I thought!

These are the pics he sent me... looks like a standard clutch to me? Anyone any opinions? I'm not paying that money for a stanard clutch. And now I'm worried that the engine may not even be forged??? Help please

Browner

clutch_zpsa98d315b.jpg

clutch1_zps04b24a1a.jpg

doesn't look standard, because it has 6 springs, standard has 4 if I remember rightly, looks like an exedy paddle I used to have.

and if you are on about danb 87 with the black gt, that is definitely forged, as I know the guy who previously owned car and the guy who mapped that car..

Looks pretty standard to me mate maybe stage 1 at best.

Id imagine if it was holding 318bhp with no slip it would have to be paddle or a racing clutch.

If someone selling isnt honest about 1 thing how can u be confident in what your buying.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Since the lad before me had it mapped. An i used it for a daily for 3 months. Never slipped or anything so must have been suitable. I can pass you onto other members who know the car personally if needs be

Dan

Would rather put something decent in it while the box is apart. No point in pulling it all apart again. I plan to run a nitrous kit so the torque will blow that clutch to bits for sure. An exedy organic clutch is basically a branded OEM replacement