any links or guides for building a 5e using parts from my 4e

How is a 5e over rated?

You can gain more power, more torque, much better driveability, can rev just as well as a 4e......the list goes on :p

Power/torque figures are just pub talk, found this from experience. An engine can produce 400bhp, but if its only making decent power in one place it's no good. Take whitegv's 335bhp 5e, couldn't touch a 270bhp 4e. He had a bigger turbo, spooled slightly later than a td04 on a 4e, ad didn't want to rev to the limiter like a 4e would, in return a short band where there's power to use. Also, more oil pressure issues, don't get me wrong, if I'd have built a 5e I'd prob say didferne

How is a 5e over rated?

You can gain more power, more torque, much better driveability, can rev just as well as a 4e......the list goes on :p

Power/torque figures are just pub talk, found this from experience. An engine can produce 400bhp, but if its only making decent power in one place it's no good. Take whitegv's 335bhp 5e, couldn't touch a 270bhp 4e. He had a bigger turbo, spooled slightly later than a td04 on a 4e, ad didn't want to rev to the limiter like a 4e would, in return a short band where there's power to use. Also, more oil pressure issues with a 5e, don't get me wrong, if I'd have built a 5e I'd prob say different, can only go from what I've seen. Take a look at zisco's new GT he's building, going for record with that, and its a 4e!

You'd prob find it would be excellent setup, just a lot of people think, yeahhh big turbo cuz it's a 1.5, yet they don't rev to the top like a 4e. (Due to it gaining the extra 200cc from being stroked, not a bigger bore size), which means it will pull great figures, but won't be in the power for as many revs

I'd say if your building a racer go for a 4E, if your building something for use the street go 5E. The extra displacement and torque makes the drive much better and you don't have to rag it to get the car moving.

Spuddy's 5E motor rev's to 9000rpm on a regular basis, theres nothing wrong with rev'ing a 5E, it's all down to if you have the right mods to go with it.

If you can try find someone whos running a 5E and ask for a spin in it. It's something that does take some consideration.

Check out Taggy's guide on here somewhere, that lists everything you'll need :)

Edited by AdamB

I'd say if your building a racer go for a 4E, if your building something for use the street go 5E. The extra displacement and torque makes the drive much better and you don't have to rag it to get the car moving.

Spuddy's 5E motor rev's to 9000rpm on a regular basis, theres nothing wrong with rev'ing a 5E, it's all down to if you have the right mods to go with it.

If you can try find someone whos running a 5E and ask for a spin in it. It's something that does take some consideration.

Check out Taggy's guide on here somewhere, that lists everything you'll need :)

Couldn't agree more to be honest, drivability doesn't bother me too much as its not a daily and used for track. However, I seriously don't find the torque bad on my 4e, 344n/m If I remember right, and will pull from real low down without thrashing it. td04 makes them so much better to drive than a ct9 too, always in and out of boost on ct9.

Moving away from the ct9 is a whole new world lol. I hated the ct9 tbh, it was always in and out of boost on a cruise and just didn't have the torque to pull you up a slight hill.