Wilwood Brakes

I made up a kit myself using hi spec discs and bells, mainly to make sure I can get discs in future. They charge £130 for a pair of plain discs or £190 for drilled or grooved ones in 288 and 295 x 26mm.

However as Keri says the discs will need to match your current bells - the godspeed bells probably can't be fitted to hi spec discs (or ap discs or compspeed etc etc). If you need to change the bells too you need to make sure you get them in the correct offset as well, not exactly straightforward unfortunately.

Edited by WallaceGlanza

I made up a kit myself using hi spec discs and bells, mainly to make sure I can get discs in future. They charge £130 for a pair of plain discs or £190 for drilled or grooved ones in 288 and 295 x 26mm.

However as Keri says the discs will need to match your current bells - the godspeed bells probably can't be fitted to hi spec discs (or ap discs or compspeed etc etc). If you need to change the bells too you need to make sure you get them in the correct offset as well, not exactly straightforward unfortunately.

£130 a pair :shok: are they any good?

They stop me pretty well yeah! I have the grooved ones:

IMG_1024.jpg

Discs shouldn't be expensive, these are normal vented ones not directional vents or anything but they're more than adequate for a 900kg hatchback!

Heard mixed reviews about High Spec. Have you done any trackdays with them?

Heard mixed reviews about High Spec. Have you done any trackdays with them?

Yeah you always hear the bad reviews though - not the good ones! The problems I read about was from a good few years back and it always seemed to be the run out on the discs but these seem to be pretty good and run true. (I've not actually clocked them though)

I've not done any trackdays no but a few heavy drives involving repeated heavy stops and haven't had any problems yet (on the same run with standard brakes there would be no pedal left!), that's running ferodo DS2500 pads which get better with heat too.

I have to say I'm heard some gobsmacking things about HiSpec over the years! Have a google to see what I mean, we don't normally have to compete with them because of it.

I've got a LOT of possible solutions to this rotor-sourcing issue, but I can't do anything without the parts to work with.

I'll admit I wasn't completely confident going with the hi spec discs but I do have the luxury of being able to get them machined if need be but the they have been fine.

Radical run them on their cars so they can't be too bad - they do hold the lap record round the nurburgring!

I have to say I'm heard some gobsmacking things about HiSpec over the years! Have a google to see what I mean, we don't normally have to compete with them because of it.

I've got a LOT of possible solutions to this rotor-sourcing issue, but I can't do anything without the parts to work with.

I've got an old rotor in my garage if this will help.

What price (est) do you think and time to make rotors?

I've got an old rotor in my garage if this will help.

What price (est) do you think and time to make rotors?

That old rotor would be a good starting point! It's too hard to say regarding cost without the rotor to hand, and a plan, and the volume of people that want them! I might be able to run a group buy on them if I can sort some out...

• 8 months later...