Indiglo dials fitted but incorrect tach/revs now.

So I fitted my indiglos yesterday, I had to remove the needle stay on the rev gauge, I then had to put it on my new gauge facia only I had to position it slightly differently as I was worried it would be too close to the number '0' and didn't want to damage the lights.

Obviously after removing the stay and needle I put my needle back on but I'm sure when it's reading 2k revs it's between 1-1.5k roughly I'd say it's between 200 and 500 out, will I be able to solve this issue seeing as the needle stay isnt in the exact same position as before? Also how can I accurately reset the needle?

Any help much appreciated cheers

Just kindly ask someone if you may borrow there digital timing lamp..to read engine speed/rev's

you'll then know exactly how far out you are, or...those digital engine analyser meter's, i got one @ work & used to use it for setting up carbs etc.

Edited by Neo Gold

you dont take off the needles the kit was designed to slip over everything i havent read any threads where the needle was able to go back on right to read the right values

ive done a few here all without taking any of the needles out you should have left them on dude

more than likely your going to have to get a new rev clock and replace it if you want it back to oem

The needle looked as though it would have gone through the zero mate, I didn't want to kill the circuit so I moved it I've read of people removing them and sticking them on so that's what I ended up doing.

There only very slightly out I know I could use a tacho gauge (but i dont have one)and set it via that, I could probably also adjust it manually and get it near spot on, I just wanna know if there's a more simple way of sorting it.

P.s. have you seen my pm's on Facebook dude? Cheers

Edited by TurboTobz

The Rev Limit while Driving could be your placing indicator, maybe on some rollers or sth like that. Or letting it spin in free air. Not the easiest way and possibly not the best but definately exact I think

Yeah mate no need to take the

Needle off loads of people have fitted them without a problem they just slip

Over the old dials well mine did anyway can see y it would be any different was a fairly easy job

Edited by Whitenoize

Did you manage to sort this issue out mate? I've just been fitting my Indiglo's and my fat fingers accidentally pried the rev needle off lol

When I remove the needle and set it back to 0, it stays there (car off). But if I wind the needle out myself again, it rests at approx 2-300rpm. I haven't tried starting the car yet to see if it corrects itself, anyone think it will or do I need a new tachometer?

It's not a great deal out if atall, I need a trimming light or tach gauge, I was wondering if there was a way to tell by voltage output from rpm signal.

Anyhow a tip, needle off plug it in, ignition on and the needle goes to '0' position. That's how I initially set mine, I was rushing though, I think if it is out I could probably get it spot on!

Haven't been keeping an eye on this thread as I've been readying some forged goodies and I think I may have a blown hg or an ignition fault so I'm busy lol. If the engine comes out I'll attack this while it's stripped. Let me know how you get on! Tbh I think I've had all my needles off now lol everything else functions spot on!

I could've sworn I posted my update in here lol!

Anyhoo, I put it to ignition when the dials were back in, it shot to 3000rpm. Took the needle off trying not to turn the spindle(?) thingy, set it to 0rpm and when it started it went to it's usual 1600ish-rpm :)

Nice! Both before and after is exactley what mine done, I wonder how accurate the plasma dials are perhaps my needles all good, lol. So many problems not enough time and all my tools are in my garage 15 miles away. Deary me!