help please. nut serts/nut riveter..

Anyone help.

cant find much about them and need to nut sert a few things so i can get them fitted properly!

anyone dealt with these things before?

i was looking at something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Nut-Riveter-Tool-Nut-sert-tool-Nut-Rivets-M3-M6-36-rivets-LSR2-/400437068349?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item5d3be8c23d

anyone shed any light?

cheers

sam

Hey sam. We use rivnuts all the time at work. They work well but depends on what you are intending to fix to it. The only problem we have is sometimes the riv nuts can pull the threaded part out if your too rough with them.

I've used them pal, depends what your using them for. I used them to put chequered plate on the bonnet and wings of my dads land rover.

I've used them pal, depends what your using them for. I used them to put chequered plate on the bonnet and wings of my dads land rover.

well i have a three point rear strut brace that i need to secure at the bottom to the chassis.

ive also gotta secure the fuel filter to the fire wall and the rad overflow bottle to the right hand side of the chassis by the battery tray.

you guys know anywhere i can go buy them instead of ebay as i wanna sort it this weekend and ebay probs wont deliver in time.

I bought one of those hand tools but an M6 to M10 version - Could only pull M6 effectively.

The one on your link says not suitable for steel rivet so I assume it is only for aluminium rivets.

If they are not pulled properly they have a habit of spinning if you ever need to unbolt something later.

As chrisgreen1993 says, I wouldn't use them to secure your strut brace. Best just nut and bolting through a structural chassis member.

Or there are other blind fasteners available that might suit your strut brace such as http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/en/categories/blind-bolts - again if your bolting to a structural member.