steering feelslight and shakey near 100mph

hi guys not sure if this goes in here, but when i drive ma glanza intown its fine. but on the motoroway up until i hit around 85+ the steering feels light n shakey. it puts me off from flooring it. i changed the front tyres and done the balance. There is a tear in the ball joint dust cover on the drivers side which i will change but anything else that couldcause this prob?

I would change the ball joint mate and get it aligned. If the ball joint has split and the grease has come out or got dust in there it effectively makes the joint seize up going stiff.

Change the.balljoint.and .get your.wheel.alignment checked. If u have too much front.camber your car will sway or feel like it weave from side to side over say 70_80mph but handle really well below that

Change the.balljoint.and .get your.wheel.alignment checked. If u have too much front.camber your car will sway or feel like it weave from side to side over say 70_80mph but handle really well below that

Too much camber, as in positive or negative? My Glanza does the same and wouldn't mind knowing how to sort this out, especially when it's windy.

Ball joints and decent suspension set up is the best you will do for this.

Bare in mind its a 900kg car with the aerodynamics of a parachute its never going to feel planted at high speed.

Canards on the front bumper will help too anything that will force the front end down.

Edited by StuDoc 72

If your wheels toe out too much it will feel light at speed. If you too much negative camber it will feel light and floaty at speed.

I go normal or 0 toe and 1degree (standard) camber when Im regularly doin motorway driving for work. Now Im doin country roads so Im using 1.75degrees camber and 0.5 toe out. It turns very fast in sharp corners but gets floatly at 80mph.

Change the balljoint and get your alignment done. 20quid should.do alignment and any decent place should check it for free