any-one in uk done 5efte

was just wondering this as was talking to geo and graeme about 5efte's and was wondering who in the uk or uksc has done one and whats the views on them and how to go about preping one.

from the knowledge i know of you would need 5efe block 4efte cylinder head and 4efte pistons better to get performance forged 4efte pistons, turbo (obviously lol) turbo exhaust mani.

please feel free to fill in the blanks or correct any wrong info and add parts to this as i think this could be a useful thread for those thinking of doing it.

My ep82 came from japan as a 5EFTE build, lots of torque from the longer stroke and very good fun, can say don't bother running a CT9 with it mine lasted 2 month after i got the car.

Your right in saying you'll need - 5efe block 4efte cylinder head and 4efte pistons better to get performance forged 4efte pistons, turbo (obviously lol) turbo exhaust mani.

You will also need to replace your clutch as the bolt pattern won't be correct for a 4EFTE clutch the one thats on mine is an EL45.55 clutch, i'm sure one of the techy heads off the forum will be able to tell you what car it's from, not 100% sure but think you will also need the 4EFTE ecu also and you'll need a 4EFTE sump for the oil pickup.

the cheepest way to build a big power 5e is a different route, ive kept it quiet but thought id share,

buy a 5e-fhe hi compression unit, the rods are alot thicker than the 4efte,

bang a hybrid ct9 on it for really fast responce and get it mapped, no lag and all of the turbo

if you want 300 bhp just by a two mil headgasket to lower the compression on the 5e and a t3 turbo, a very cheap build compared to the expensive forging proces.