Glanza boosting strangely, can anybody identify what the matter is :(

Hi guys and girls, Not sure if this is meant to be posted in this section.... I've got a little problem with the boosting on the glanza, when i put my foot down the car would make an up and down kinda noise like it's struggling to boost. Can't really explain it so I've uploaded short clips of the car, mainly in 3rd gear it goes like this.. what is the problem and what is causing it?? eek.gif It only started doing this after I've had my thermometer changed several weeks back, but then it went away for a bit, now it's back... sigh

Clip one

Clip 2
Edited by shelly_star

I haven't seen the videos (as my netbook doesn't like loading pbucket videos) but it may be ignition related. My GT was bogging down and misfiring when one of the plugs was wet from water dripping through the scoop, worth checking out as it's quite a common fault.

I haven't seen the videos (as my netbook doesn't like loading pbucket videos) but it may be ignition related. My GT was bogging down and misfiring when one of the plugs was wet from water dripping through the scoop, worth checking out as it's quite a common fault.

It's not misfiring.

Check hoses for leaks or breaks.

Could be over boosting

Needs a diagnostics check to be sure though

yea to me it looks like clutch slip since its happening in the higher gears. It slips a bit but then it seems to grip again which is really similar to how mine was acting when mine was slipping.

Go out a drive, and cruise along in 4th at relatively low rpm, then put your foot down and see what happens, go somewhere you can go right up through the revs, clutch slip should sound like your wheel spinning

Edited by Weyro

if your clutch is slipping your car will sound like its revving freely for example revs will go up as if your not in gear but youll barely move mines done it a couple of times on other cars and its annoying -.- you go to give it some and you dont move lol