Alright folks, quick question, be starting my build very soon and i am going to try and push over the 300 mark.. Whats the best ecu available atm? Is the apexi the best out there? And are they really that hard to get a hold of?

Best ecu that is available to public buy is probably syvecs or motec. But your talking well over £2000. I'm hoping to run a syvecs simply because its unrivaled in terms of performance and features.

But you will be best of picking a tuner and seeing what they advise, at the end of the day they are gonna be the ones mapping it. If they don't like the software or aren't familier with it, you could end up with a shit map and £££ down the shitter.

Edited by AdamB

Thats another problem im having. I am from Northern ireland and the only people i have heard are any good are East coast, be tempted to cross the water to tuning developments or race tech!

Im not going to set a budget buddy, i want it done right, because its a car i will keep for the rest of my life (so i hope anyway). I would love launch and knock control! Basically a real monster lol. Yeah thats why im thinking that jordan, nothing but good feedback about them!

If really looking to push the boundaries you will need to ditch the dizzy setup ideally, unfortunatly the PFC doesn'rt support 4 ignition driver outputs (not for the starlet AP engineering one anyway)

I would be looking at something like Link, Haltech as the kinda mid range ecu's. Unless you really wanna be spending thousands on motec, pectel, syvecs etc but thats your choice.

I would keep an eye out on ebay, you can pick up some motec's on there pretty cheap ;)

Thats another problem im having. I am from Northern ireland and the only people i have heard are any good are East coast, be tempted to cross the water to tuning developments or race tech!

Chris Carson is based in Co.Down and I have only heard good things about him, I don't think he a member here but you will find him here: http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/member.php?236-Chris-CCM