Engine rebuilt - Blowby

Ok someone help me out here before i pull what little hair i have left out!

I have rebuilt the car and it all seems good, its a forged 5e and I have just put new rings in and honed and cross hatched the bores for it, bores within spec. I have done about 60 miles in it so far but I have noticed I am getting a fair amount of blowby while on boost, evidence of it is on my rocker after I have been out in it, plus i get an oily exhaust fume smell on boost.

I have read that blowby is normal when you first put in rings until they bed in, but it seems quite bad and I didnt have the same problem last time i built it.

I just compression tested it and all 4 cylinders are about 188psi +/- 2 psi, so the good compression results dont tally up with the reason oil is coming out my rocker breather on boost.

Suggestions?

Well when you take the oil cap off you get the usual air blowing out of it, when i rev it on idle there negative air pressure on the oil cap and you can feel it sucking your hand which is what i would expect and reving it in general at idle i get no blowby, its only when on boost it seems to do it.

failed turbo?

pressuring down the oil return?

Ill do 500 miles in it and see whats its like after that i guess, rings should be bedded in nice then, although good idea about the turbo. I will take the boost pipe off and run it without the turbo connected, see if the problem stops.

Edited by Taggy

To be honest, i thought all engines had blow by to some extent. Even more with turbocharged or forced induction. Hence having things like catch cans and uprated engine breathing systems.

I wouldnt worry too much. At least the beast lives once more. :)

To be honest, i thought all engines had blow by to some extent. Even more with turbocharged or forced induction. Hence having things like catch cans and uprated engine breathing systems.

True, E series engine breathers are shit though as they have no direct crankcase ventilation, Soon sort that problem though :p