JPerformance Oil Coolers?

Is anyone using these? Looking around used oil cooler kits tend to go for like £250!

I'm guessing all you'd need is a mocal thermo sandwich plate?

http://www.jperformance.co.uk/toyota-starlet-ep82-turbo-oil-cooler-relocation-kit-12-row-50mm-p-766.html

• 12 Row 50MM Dual Core

• 3/4-16 (-8AN) fittings size

• Full filter relocation kit (incl. all nuts, bolts and brackets)

• 3 Reinforced braided stainless steel flexi oil lines of 3 different sizes, to insure adequate length for various installs.

Hose 1: approx. 125cm (connector end to connector end)

Hose 2: approx. 145cm (connector end to connector end)

Hose 3: approx. 165cm (connector end to connector end)

Warranty: 1 Year Limited

I was looking at these the other day thinking there cheap but didn't think they had a starlet kit. Jperformance gear seems to be good quality usually I have a rad catch can and exhaust system

£250 you can get a greddy kit! I think a 12 row is probably overdoing it slightly, you could easily get away with like a 9-10 row cooler. I'm sure you can make your own kit for cheaper though, just get a mocal thermostat, a core from ebay and then all you need is some fittings and hose which any hydraulics place can make up providing you know the length you need.

Yeah I haven't really got a clue on the fittings or how to do it which is why I'm seeing if there are any affordable kits around. Spoke to Grant about getting the same filter relocation setup as him, but I keep thinking that doing a cooler and relocation at once together might be wiser? In case just relocating the filter to the fog light hole doesn't reduce temps enough

£250 you can get a greddy kit! I think a 12 row is probably overdoing it slightly, you could easily get away with like a 9-10 row cooler. I'm sure you can make your own kit for cheaper though, just get a mocal thermostat, a core from ebay and then all you need is some fittings and hose which any hydraulics place can make up providing you know the length you need.

Would the ebay coolers be reliable you think? They do replicas of the 10 row Greddy ones for like £35 and the cheapest Mocal ones are starting from £55

Also would the thermostat need to be an inline one like the Greddy/GREX kits or a thermostatic sandwich plate?

Nicked this image from RHDJapan's Greddy cooler page. Which by the way is £500 LOL

Image12.jpg

wouldnt be putting any oil cooler kit on the car without a thermostat, its crazy why companys like this would sell kits like that without knowing the risks but i suppose there just in it for a quick buck

oil is just as bad when its too hot as over cooled does just as much damage, secondhand grex kits pop up now and then id hold out or even go the mocal route with the thermostat, im running a 13 row on mine doesnt matter what size it is with the thermostat if anything it will keep it at the sweet spot better than a smaller one

id stay away from that system in the link anyway dude not worth the hardship, get a proper one

Cool cool, what would you day to running good quality fitting, lines, Mocal thermo etc but with an Ebay cooler?

They have reps of the GREX coolers for like £35 whereas the Mocals start at £55 for small ones