Knocking Noise When I turn left or right and accelerate?

When i accelerate round a corner and turn left or right i get a knocking noise until i straighten up again. I need to turn alot it doesnt make knocking noises if it's a slight corner only when i really need to turn the wheel. What could it be and how much is it gonna cost to fix?

When i accelerate round a corner and turn left or right i get a knocking noise until i straighten up again. I need to turn alot it doesnt make knocking noises if it's a slight corner only when i really need to turn the wheel. What could it be and how much is it gonna cost to fix?

Hey bud.

Knocking noises when cornering is 99% of the time a CV shot.

You can get service kits off of ebay, and also traders on the forums such as Dave Burwash, Toby etc.

If its like a clicking noise then its the CV joint mate...normally when on full lock you get that noise unless its REALLY bad

yeah it is full lockish. Also i see outer and inner cv joints? How do i know which is which?

wear is it coming from as my on my car the cat sometimes knocks like you have described off the heat shield! ( only got the cat in for the mot)

do you have an lsd as some lsd's do that as mine does it and is a pain in the arse if unsure take it out and go round a corner when going round the corner dip the clutch if the noise stops then its your lsd if it is still doing it then you have a gubbed cv joint.

do you have an lsd as some lsd's do that as mine does it and is a pain in the arse if unsure take it out and go round a corner when going round the corner dip the clutch if the noise stops then its your lsd if it is still doing it then you have a gubbed cv joint.

Yeah most lsd's click when youre turning.Which is normal.

If you dont have lsd , check the condition of the cv's.

Turn right, check if it knocks.

Turn left, check if it knocks.

Will give you an idea which sides shot

Yeah most lsd's click when youre turning.Which is normal.

If you dont have lsd , check the condition of the cv's.

Turn right, check if it knocks.

Turn left, check if it knocks.

Will give you an idea which sides shot

Its knocking on both sides. How do i know if i have an LSD? Its a late 94 GT quadlight version. Not an advance though.

Its knocking on both sides. How do i know if i have an LSD? Its a late 94 GT quadlight version. Not an advance though.

Jack one front wheel up off the ground and try turning it.

If you have LSD you wont be able to turn the wheel when the other side front is on the ground.

Also when both are up in the air, when you turn one side, the other will turn too.

Jack one front wheel up off the ground and try turning it.

If you have LSD you wont be able to turn the wheel when the other side front is on the ground.

Also when both are up in the air, when you turn one side, the other will turn too.

seems like a lot of hassle to find out :) lol,take it to a car park drive it in a circle when it is clicking hold in the clutch when the car is going round and if the car is still moving round and the clicking noise has stopped then you have an lsd if the noise is still there with the clutch pressed and you still going round then your c.v joint has gone.