Help with speedo for a noob.

This topic has possibly been covered a thousand times on here but everytime i read a post im failing to understand wich is the best route i need to take, i relise cheapest isnt always the best and i like things to be done right. Im new to glanzas and bought my first one on monday so bare with me lol.

DOWN TO BUSINESS.!

If i want to change the clocks from kph to mph would i be right in thinking id need to purchase a cable that goes from the back of the clocks to the gearbox and then get the ecu mapped for the revs/fueling. Could anyone also point me to a company that fits supplies and maps it safe so its all set up and ready to go?

Regards Mark,

You only need a thing called a speedo converter, this screws onto the gearbox and your existing speedo cable screws into that. Then your speed output should read in MPH and your mileage will count up in miles too. Also your 180KPH speed limit will now be 180MPH However these can sometimes be a pain to get hold of and can give an inaccurate reading. And your mileage will be all mixed up.

I find a digital head up display to be more accurate. When i get round to it i'll be buying one of them.

And nothing ECU wise needs changed or mapped or that.

Edited by daniel_g

Hey daniel_g appreciate the reply.

So with this digital head up display would that come with everything you need to do the conversion? If so ill keep my eyes open for one.

Mark,

Edit*

After reading your post again im i righ in thinking u need the cable converter still but it would also be worth purchusing a head up display for a more acurate reading of the mph.?

Edited by M.B-glanza

Just get the speedo convertor.

When you go out for the first time take a satnav/gps device and sit at a constant 60 on the sat nav and see what the difference is between the speedo and satnav

Will probably be about 65ish on the speedo

Edited by morgey

Fire up a wanted thread for a speedo converter, i haven't seen one for sale in a while but someone should have one. Or try ebay possibly.

Its either or really, converter or if you wanted a digital display thing, but i dont really mind mine reading up in KPH.

Yeh i have just looked on ebay but you never know what the hell your going to be getting off that thing until you've been bumped or bought the wrong thing .. Id rather put money in the lads pockets on here then at least ill know its the right one.. They look and sound pretty easy to fit.. Ill fire up that wanted post and see how i get on.

Many thanks again lads for the help its appreciated.

Mark,

Edited by M.B-glanza