drivers window stuck

HELP! my drivers window only goes up about 3cm then gets stuck. The motor seems fine since it still goes down and back up the small bit. Pulling it doesnt help, seems quite stuck when it stops.

the idle revs die a bit aswell when its moving, where as the passanger side doesnt do that

my windows gave a bit of bother a while back. Turned out the glass had come away from the arm holding it in place. was just a case of removing the plastic shield on both doors and tightening up all the bolts in the glass and arm for the glass

hope this helps mate

Guys, Mine did exactly this and it was the gear box attached to the motor that was jammed, the circlip that holds the gear down had popped off and was jammed in the worm gear, this allowed about 3" of movement before it jammed the gears up solid. I suggest you strip it and take a look its pretty simple stuff and easy to do, and could save you the £112+ that Toyota seem to want to charge for the part.

Good luck.

Oh and the runners do get very dry and sticky on the glass, I would suggest using silicone lube rather than WD40 as the silicone will not rot the rubber runners at all.

just needs a new motor. ive had 2 (semi) new motors. its because there is a metal worm gear that drives a silly nylon gear which moves the regulator.

its a really easy job, but you can get the motor from many different toyota cars, got to a breakers yard it'l cost like £20 and there will be loads there!

ive had one from a supra and one from an mr2. direct fit. :p

just needs a new motor. ive had 2 (semi) new motors. its because there is a metal worm gear that drives a silly nylon gear which moves the regulator.

its a really easy job, but you can get the motor from many different toyota cars, got to a breakers yard it'l cost like £20 and there will be loads there!

ive had one from a supra and one from an mr2. direct fit. :p