By law you have 7 day cooling off period wether private, dealership or main branch dealership!.. explain the problem to him.. see what he says! see if he offers you any sort of solution!

In the mean time, get on to trading standards and they will tell you exactly where you stand etc etc!

And failing all of that, get your self over to warranty direct.. see if those guys can help you out! cheap warranty.. but of course dont explain whats wrong just ask them whens the soonest you can claim etc etc!

Might be worth a try?

By law you have 7 day cooling off period wether private, dealership or main branch dealership!..

Not if you pay by cash though.

Further details can be found in http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adviceguide.org.uk%2Fc_secondhand_cars.pdf&ei=Q9WcUZvlD-_14QS894GwDA&usg=AFQjCNFiggI5DgEdPi8A-2JTB0mwuALYGA&bvm=bv.46751780,d.bGE

It would be worth trying but if I sold a car and this happened I would feel bad for the buyer but if they wanted money back from me I would tell them to bolt.

Not being harsh but thats just how it goes with the motor trade you buy it how you see it.

Your not the 1st and wont be the last. If it was as easy as that then everyone who buys a pig in a poke would get their money back.

Edited by StuDoc 72

dont think you would be able to mask that/not notice a knock,loud exhaust or not.just how it goes,the deals done and u took it happy im guessing ?

i have heard a few bottom end gone noises and its seriously loud,u cant miss it

what you have to do is get your mates and take a nice little drive around to his/her's house and ask for your money back if he tells yu to fuck off take all his shit out of his house then fuck his gf and take a shit in his front room floor or on his face whatever takes your fancy ;)

but sometime's you do get a bad deal ;( also take your time when buying a used car

Edited by chrisholly
  • 2 weeks later...

Mate. I bought my glanza v 3 weeks ago. Went to cambridgeshire to pick up. Had a noise which thought was release bearing. Seller who works for a motorsport company told me it was.pulled box off and found input shaft bearings was fooked. Gear box rebuild. And funnily had new clutch and bearing. I have drove this car like three times now. And still off road. Too many people selling and covering up probs

I have found out that although it was a private sale I can still have him as he is in the motor trade so would've known and tried to cover it up. Have a look on citizens advice wbsite