Splitting headlamps

Hey guys need some help on taking my n/a lights apart.

these are sealed yes?

if so what would be best to heat the light to break the seal? Hair dryer or oven?

If Oven what sort of temperture would you recommend and for how long?

Also what tool would be best to split the light then? I tried a flat head screw driver but it chipped the glass on my spare light

Help is appreciated guys :p

i was gonna do this on mine, had an idea to make em a bit different never got round to it tho, il end up smashin the glass, see how u get on first :p

i was thinkin of usin a heat gun (or a hair dryer) and a wall paper scraper, just heat up little parts at a time and gently pry it open wiv the scraper.

let us know how it goes

There all sealed units on n/as and Glanzas bud.

If you really want to risk taking them apart, i would personally say,

Use a brand new stanley knife, heat the blade up so its red hot, then burn through the seal.

I wouldnt heat the plastic glass up mate as you risk burning it.

I'm after having a go at my glanza lamps too, outside is spotless now but the inside is slightly tinged and dirty.

My theory is, if you damage the lights you can always buy new ones :p not the best theory in the world but hey, works for me :p

Fuck paying £90 for one unit from Toyota!!!

Will try your method on my spare light Craig ;)

Oh and its not a plastic lense its glass

Ah right, well i definately wouldnt put any heat near the lense then bro.

If youre determined to rip them apart, heat a scalpel or stanley knife blade up and cut through it.

Then just make sure you seal it back together well, any gaps in the seal will make them mist up terrible.

My bro split his Rover 200 headlamps back in the day to "de-orange" the indicators. If they're bonded just use a hairdryer and concentrate on one spot at a time and slowly work your way around and prise/scrape with a flathead screwdriver.

It'll take ages -- then he just used mastik to seal them back up. But make sure to make a good seal or you'll get condensation in the lamps.

I was always looking for a single passenger Glanza lamp for sale because I had planned to split it and make a cold air intake.