I went down to the garage today and put my pads in and then went to bleed my brakes and i was pumping them for ages after topping up the system and they are not getting hard atall just spoungy as feck. any one had this problem or do u just need to keep pumping them or is there an easyer way to get the fluids through quicker and should i pump them with the nipples open to get it through then do them induvidualy?

any help would be grait.

Lol. al need a plaster on ma foot if a pump it any more lol. the car was running when a was doing it but still nothing. should i have the cap off or on the res too?

take the cap off the res bud. shut the nipple (hehe nipple) pump the brake 3 times and hold it down whilst some one else slackens the nipple (hehe nipple) and let the fluid come out, but close it off before the steady stream stops. do this a few times, starting from rear passenger side, rear driverside, front passenger side, front driverside :D

go around the car 3-4 times if you've completely removed the fluid previously. make sure there are no leaks from anywhere :)

ryan

Don't release the pedal when the nipple is open as this will draw in air, hence your spongy pedal. Open the nipple and press the pedal down to the floor, close the nipple then release the pedal.

As the guys have stated really. If you've been pumping the pedal for ages and still a sponges feel they aren't bled enoug.

Resi cap off, bleed nipple open push pedal to floor, then close nipple then lift pedal up, keep doing until when the fluid comes out it's a nice stream. i usually use a clear bit of silicone to a bottle so you can see once it's a constant stream with no sir bubbles, also saves on mess. Also keep an eye on the resi to make sure there is plenty fluid or you'll have to start again. Think the order is as Ryan said, furthest away from master cylinder to closest.

Klkl guys cheers for that yeah i was just pumping with the cap on an not opening the nipple like a dick. lol was trying to get fluid to the nipple before opening but it makes sence to open it when your pushing it down to release air. :/

Wow dave wake up. lol :)