quaife box,,, what oil to use???

puting my gt box with quaife diff in in next few weeks anyways the guy i got it off give me a liter of unmarked unbranded oil and said thats what a company told him to use anyway am i hell using that! ,,,,, so can anyone tell me what oil i should be using certain people say normal other say it must be quaifes own any ideas anyone ???

may be a stupid question but ill ask any way

if i buy the quaife lsd is it as simple as opening the exsisting box and replacing the open diff in the housing with with quaife... and that is it slap box back on, attach axles and have fun boosting again ?

may be a stupid question but ill ask any way

if i buy the quaife lsd is it as simple as opening the exsisting box and replacing the open diff in the housing with with quaife... and that is it slap box back on, attach axles and have fun boosting again ?

Yep pretty much, obviously you have to unbolt the final drive from the old diff and bolt it back upto the new one. Some diff's do require a running in period where your supposed to do figure of 8's for 30 minutes, although I don't think this applies to the quaife as it is not a clutch type LSD.

lots of info good good :D lugzy you may have to educate me on how they should feel ect but thanks for the info :D

Should feel like a normal g box until u put it on boost then just don't expect to be hanging about wheel spinning all over the place lol.

First time I drove mine wen I got it back it was wet out n f**k me it just went n I took the mountains home n worked amazing in all the corners n held so much more speed coming in them :)

Also taggy has a how to I think on wiki on how to fit 1ill see if I can find it later :)

Should feel like a normal g box until u put it on boost then just don't expect to be hanging about wheel spinning all over the place lol. First time I drove mine wen I got it back it was wet out n f**k me it just went n I took the mountains home n worked amazing in all the corners n held so much more speed coming in them :) Also taggy has a how to I think on wiki on how to fit 1ill see if I can find it later :)

just another quick question lets say im just crawling allong round a corner then give it the full beans will the diff not just lock and start bumping the front end across the road?,,

No, diffs have an active preload setting where they will not lock until they see X amount of torque, this can be adjusted on clutch type LSD's, not sure on the quaife though.