Breakers Section

I saw this on another site a couple of months ago and it worked really well as cars all over the country were being posted up.

In the section people post up where a car is being broken up so people know where they can go for second hand parts. This is because i have found the Starlet is a hard car to find in scrappies but if you where in one and spotted any kind of Starlet you could pot the info in here and maybe a picture.

For example.

Car: UK N/A Starlet Sportif

Colour: Green

Description: Rear end damage with quite a few parts left still.

And

Colour: Red

Description: Front end damage with Pretty much everything there still.

(These are real ones by the way)

What do you all think?

usually what I do, when I find a useful car in my local scrapyard I post it up and buy the items for any interested people - there was a Paseo in my scrapyard which I've pilfered from that all that's left is a shell of it's former self :D I also sold someone a Silvertop 4age...it gives me something to do.

We had an EP82 in my scrapyard at one point...should've taken the steering rack :)

Well I shall let you know in a couple of weeks, I need a Manual Steering rack from a Starlet. For the breakers section, what we could do is have "areas"...I'll inspect the Oxford area and anyone in the vicinity can collect from me, or post

Well Riko im after a passenger side front panel for a green EP91 sportif.

But i dunno how to get it to me if you find 1.

Do you mean the front wing?

If yes then the one i mentioned at first has one in mint condition last time i saw. Same colour as your Sportif Im going again this weekend as my girlfriend has had a bump and im getting parts for her corsa, So i could get a price and pick it up for you.

See this idea is working already.

Any chance of getting this going properly then?

I saw this on another site a couple of months ago and it worked really well as cars all over the country were being posted up.

In the section people post up where a car is being broken up so people know where they can go for second hand parts. This is because i have found the Starlet is a hard car to find in scrappies but if you where in one and spotted any kind of Starlet you could pot the info in here and maybe a picture.

For example.

Colour: Green

Description: Rear end damage with quite a few parts left still.

And

(These are real ones by the way)

What do you all think?

hey bro this would be hard to impliment, well not hard but im not really for it- opening up another section

the reason being that the site is growing at a rappid rate and most people dont use the whole forum, the buisness directory is proof of that, so im negative against opening up any new forums as such as it adds more clutter

im not knocking your idea by the way

could you post up a link to where you saw this idea for me to have a deek?

No bourkey im actually on about the front wing mate, sorry for any confusion. If you could get a price on it for me mate i'd appreciate it.

Mine just has a few little blemishes that are really annoying and i want a Wing rather than getting it resparyed.

Cheers in advance

Hi mate, I'm after a rear fog light switch on a n/a (to go on my Glanza). Any chance you could help me out with this?

Cheers

No bourkey im actually on about the front wing mate, sorry for any confusion. If you could get a price on it for me mate i'd appreciate it.

Mine just has a few little blemishes that are really annoying and i want a Wing rather than getting it resparyed.

Cheers in advance

Hi mate, I'm after a rear fog light switch on a n/a (to go on my Glanza). Any chance you could help me out with this?

Cheers

I'll get a prices for you both on Saturday morning when i go to the scrapyard again. :)

Hi again,

Sorry for the slow update as im still offline at home.

@Liam D

The wing you wanted was scratched when they moved the car last week. I found another green Starlet the same colour and it was in mint condition. The only body part that was missing was ..... The wing you wanted. But i'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

@Stup86

The Fog light switch will be no more than £4. I can get this for you if you want.

hey bro this would be hard to impliment, well not hard but im not really for it- opening up another section

the reason being that the site is growing at a rappid rate and most people dont use the whole forum, the buisness directory is proof of that, so im negative against opening up any new forums as such as it adds more clutter

im not knocking your idea by the way

could you post up a link to where you saw this idea for me to have a deek?

Sorry Geo i can't remember where i saw it. I've looked high and low but i can't find it. It did look good though. :unsure: