driveshaft oil seals how to ? or advice

cars jsut had the gearbox done and banged it all back together came out to the car this morning and its leakingmy lovely new 13 quid castrol gear oil :|

quick inspection points to drivers shaft

it doesnt look fully clicked in i could be wrong though will pop a pic up

how do u remove these as i have the old box sitting at the side of the car and i cant for the life see how they pop out

Flick it out with a screwdriver.

Quick rub of the surface with some emery paper to clean away corrosion.

Wipe down with a rag.

Put some oil on the new seal to help it slip in.

Position it in place.

Place a socket of similar size over it and gently tap it in place with a small hammer.

for the oil seals :| ??, i can get the shaft out but its the oils seals that i may be having bother with , gona take it out and clean the seal and try walloping it back in it think see if it goes in any further , if not back out and pop the seal over from the old box me thinks

for the oil seals :| ??, i can get the shaft out but its the oils seals that i may be having bother with , gona take it out and clean the seal and try walloping it back in it think see if it goes in any further , if not back out and pop the seal over from the old box me thinks

Do what I said mate.

Buy a new oil seal. After you take them out they are fucked. They cost peanuts.

Do it right do it 1ce.

I just done mine yesterday.

Its exactly as Stu said, and theyre 20 quid from idworkz for the pair.

Mine were solid in the box, used a lever bar.

You could chap them on with a 36mm socket but i used a 6'' 3/8 extension and hit them in 12 oclock, 6,3,9 etc. so they went in even.

P.S Daniel its Ross maz's mate its your old gearbox ive got in...i know i should have replaced them but i thought i'd try my luck the passenger side is all good the drivers is drippy, box seems fine first and second anyways havent got any further than just up and down the street

Aww i didnt know it was you haha. Yeah i thought it would prob be best to replace them just incase. The box should be sound, was sold to me as a good box by a lad on here.

They are tight in, i had to use a large lever to do mine.

Stuck my GT in for a MOT by the way Ross, small list of silly things so hopefully get them sorted and a retest by midweek :)

i should have listend haha , everyone is going on about levers and pick axe's , there jsut silly wee bits of rubber arent they lol :|? this is the state of mines after trying to pick it out

http://s252.photobucket.com/user/weddy1988/media/null_zpsef34ce52.jpg.html'>null_zpsef34ce52.jpg

http://s252.photobucket.com/user/weddy1988/media/null_zpsd40344a1.jpg.html'>null_zpsd40344a1.jpg

its liek there almost superglued in place on my old box lol

You need to get in behind that bit and pop it out. Theyres a fair bit of metal in them too, the NS one is a bit harder to do than the OS one i found, because it goes in a bit deeper i think.

Theyre right wedged in man haha.

so there not all rubber theres metal ?, so its more than likely then metal i'm down to when scraping the rubber off...so put the pry bar on the inside of the box and pry them out rather than going from the outside trying to put up the lip ?

Yeah thats right. Id say its about 10mm deep you need to go. If you get a pry bar just on the inner lip and pry against the box. It should pop out then.

Or wait till your new one comes so you know what youre up against lol.