Would leaking head gasket cause misfire?

Hi all

I've recently had my head gasket replaced as it was leaking, for an Athena 1.4mm one, but ever since then the car has mis fired on boost. More so around 0.1 - 0.3 bar but can happen at any time. I've changed the leads, plugs, rotor arm and cap but it still happens as I was originally told it was an electrical issue.

I've noticed this morning that I've got quite a large oil leak down the drivers side of the engine. It's all down the side of the block and over the sump, looks like from the head gasket area. Could this be the reason why the car is mis firing? If not, what else can I check? The car was running fine before the HG was replaced.

No error codes being thrown either.

Cheers for any help

Possibly crank oil seal or pump oil seal and its getting flicked everywhere. As for the misfire :/ I'd just compression test it and see if its that mate

Ok mate thanks. Don't know what i'm doing or looking for so i'll have to get someone to assist :)

I had the timing belt cover off and could see oil coming from somewhere, but wasn't exactly sure

7968_10151727178748582_1008028509_n.jpg

Here's the plugs (Cylinder 4 - 3 - 2 -1 )

1010541_10151727178273582_1445480678_n.j

Edited by Arnold

have the camshafts been put in correctly?, if not this can cause it to missfire

was the headgasket completly flat when installed because if a metal headgasket has a crease in it, can cause a leak where it hasnt sealed correctly,

or as grant said, it couldve been put on upside down

another thing to check, make sure all of your injectors are plugged in correctly