Hi I'm just new to the ukso but I've come across a problem with my boost today came back from cruise for cancer cruise in portrush and give it stack on the way home against a VXR lol

After coming off the clock I tried to boot it again but this time when I got to about 0.6 - 0.8 of boost it started boosting then stopping then boosting again and it continues to do this every gear

Anyone know what this might be?

It's a td04 running at 0.8 of a bar

I just bought a fcd but It's never done this before and I've had it for about three months now and had it right up to 0.8 As soon as it hit 0.8 now it gets very jumpy is that what it will do without a fcd? Haha near shite myself I just have a standard ecuAnd sorry but I'm so new to this so idk what a fuel reg is or does :/

Fuel cut by the sounds of things did you get engine management light? (if not is the bulb perhaps gone) Do you have a FCD or aftermarket ECU of any type also a adjustable fuel reg?
I just bought a fcd but It's never done this before and I've had it for about three months now and had it right up to 0.8 As soon as it hit 0.8 now it gets very jumpy is that what it will do without a fcd? Haha near shite myself I just have a standard ecu And sorry but I'm so new to this so idk what a fuel reg is or does :/

That's fine mate, don't fit the FCD without an fpr and having it set up properly.

You may well be expiriencing a bit of fuel cut, did you get engine management light atall?

It will feel like you loose all power for a few seconds then it'll come back to life.

By lumpy do you mean this or is it misfiring and sounding like a subaru?

That's fine mate, don't fit the FCD without an fpr and having it set up properly.

You may well be expiriencing a bit of fuel cut, did you get engine management light atall?

It will feel like you loose all power for a few seconds then it'll come back to life.

By lumpy do you mean this or is it misfiring and sounding like a subaru?

I have a fpr but it's not sitting right too much fuel popping like mad think its because I was running a bar now it's running 0.8?

Nope no engine magagement light came on

Yeah that's what it feels like mate no power then I get it back but it keeps doing that till you take your foot off the accelorator

But it doesn't sound right too so it might be misfiring, but all these things only happen when I hit 0.8 of boost or when the third boost light kicks in

Sorry for probably melting your head

Edited by marble

When you flick your ignition does your light come on atall?

.8 is clear of fuel cut though you maybe spiking/creeping.

What pressure are you running on your FPR?

You should really be running 2.4bar iirc (standard fuel pressure) as if your outside of fuel cut standard fuel pressures fine - the ECU can calculate how to fuel it fine.

No worries, we all start somewhere and we all have troubles that's what this lovely forum is for, and it saves a lot of people trouble and money!

A missfire is a pretty distinctive sound when it's misfiring it will lack power but it won't feel like fuel cut, possibly worth a visit to YouTube and see if you can listen to a misfiring engine to see if yours sounds similar.

Also you could try and get a video up on here of yours while it's playing about that might help

Edited by TurboTobz

ya should book her into ecc or momentum and get the fueling set mate. sounds like fuel cut but if shes only started to do it, could be a missfire. check your dizzy and plug leads for cracks.. or as Toby says get a video up for us to see :D

Defiantly sounds like fuel cut to me too.
A missfire is a pretty distinctive sound when it's misfiring it will lack power but it won't feel like fuel cut, possibly worth a visit to YouTube and see if you can listen to a misfiring engine to see if yours sounds similar. Also you could try and get a video up on here of yours while it's playing about that might help
Hope it is lads! Ill get a video of it doing it soon and the fuel presure up

ya should book her into ecc or momentum and get the fueling set mate. sounds like fuel cut but if shes only started to do it, could be a missfire. check your dizzy and plug leads for cracks.. or as Toby says get a video up for us to see :D
Will get a video up now bud

It never felt right to me to boost any more then 0.5 td04 with just the stock ecu, your boosting blind without a wideband i think, an every car will be different fuelling wise also, people do say the stock ecu can fuel to fuel cut but i would never trust that.

Edited by triple j

It never felt right to me to boost any more then 0.5 td04 with just the stock ecu, your boosting blind without a wideband i think, an every car will be different fuelling wise also, people do say the stock ecu can fuel to fuel cut but i would never trust that.

You could say exactley the same for any turbo, you are always boosting blind minus a wideband... Under fuel cuts your fine as long as your cars maintained and all the sensors are working and what not

There's more to tuning than setting the fuel up. The fueling would be the least of my worries at that boost pressure.

Sorry forgot to say Its fuel presure is sitting at 3 mate that's too high isn't it?

3 bar would most likely be about right at that boost level.

It will run rich at idle, part throttle and cruise because it should be setup for WOT load. This is why its poor tuning this way and a bit duff tbh.

There's more to tuning than setting the fuel up. The fueling would be the least of my worries at that boost pressure.

There is more to tuning than fuelling for sure, but when i changed from the stock set up to a bigger turbo i felt i didnt want to push it any more until i fitted a wideband, i will run the stock ecu some day just to see how it can fuel for myself.

Ok guys so it turns out I'm retarded and it's misfiring at high end boost its fine until 0.7 then it starts to misfire we also took the injectors out I need new injectors for it

Also got a presure test and 2,3,4 at all that 12 and above but 1 is at below 11 so the head must come off to see sad times guys money money! :(