LSD and ABS question

ok in the starlets and glanzas that dont have abs or lsd is it possible to get it done, what costs are involved and where do the bits n bobs go. Like the LSD wheres it situated under the hood.

I'm don't know much on this topic so please help :D

Thanks Bilal

lsd is probably worth doing, but abs would probably be a money pit, and i'd rather pay a pro place to get it done, it is your life the brakes are saving afterall.

i'd say abs would be a bit too costly to get done.

Rich.

hay dude,

if you could find a raped glanza it would just be a case of taking all the sensors and loom off for the abs and hooking it up to work,

a fiddly and time consuming job to say the least.

an lsd would not realy be worth it on an na starlet, there is not enuf power to warent it realy,

the limited slip differential is found inthe gearbox, found between the drive shafts,

as it stands, the diff in your car proportions all the power to the path of least resistance,

thats why when you dump the clutch only one wheel will spin,

this is shit for wet weather in a front wheel drive,

as you exit a corner the inside wheel spins loosing you power and making the car understear

an uprated lsd works in the oposit way proportioning power to the shaft with more resistance(grip)

so in that same situation the outside wheel will get the majorety of the power increasing grip,

there are two main types of lsd

viscus coupling(kazz,trd,etc)

mechanical(quafe)

a viscus coupling lsd works with small friction plates based in the diff surrounded by a viscus fluid, this fluid heats up locking the discs together when the diff senses less friction.

you can change the amount of plates in a viscus diff vairing the point at witch it locks.

eg 100% would suit drag aplications where both wheels constantly turn at the same time.

a disadvantage of a viscus diff is that tthe discs wear needing serviced

in contrast a mechanical diff works with lots of little cogs intertwined, its not adjustable but is considered better and more reliable for road aplications(focus rs, your quatro )

i have a mate who was responsable for the chassis on the focus rs, he could lap a certain circut in the dry2 seconds quicker than a scooby wrx,

this quafe quelled all understear meaning you could boot it mid corner let the diff get to work and drag the car acelerating out of the corner with no understear,

i hard task in a fwd car with over 212bhp

this is also why the focus can crack 60 in 5.4 seconds where as all the other 200bhp fwd hatches need 6-6.5second to do the same thing

this is the first major mod on my list to go inside my six speed but at 600 for a quafe it aint cheep!

hope this has cleared a few things up for you :D