I'd reckon the big give away on that link would be the title sway bar DIAMETER conversion chart.

Where you get confused is the part where that video uses the holes and says that changing the distance is 23-24-25mm.

This means moving it closer obviously increases the tension and causes the bar to ACT like it is infact a thicker bar as this is whole point of the adjustability, it allows you to change your tension so the middle hole in a 24mm bar is the standard hole moving it closer increases the tension causing it to act like a 25mm bar.

Put your hand under your elbow and get someone to push down on the free hand....your arm will straighten out. Now hold your wrist and get someone to push down on your free hand....its more difficult to do so. Theoretically this is what the adjustment achieves.

Stick to your Haynes manual cock boy ;)

Ay I get that like, what am getting at was the fact the way they advertise it as being say 20mm, the bar may well be 20mm in diameter but it isn't the way to determine the stiffness of the roll bar, if that was the case do you not think that we should be rolling round with the largest diameter roll bars possible? The stiffness can be changed by how its mounted.

I don't need a Hayne's manual, I fiddle with things where a bar of steel is considered sloppy and the roll bars we use are 150mm long and only 8mm thick plate steel.

Take a ruler and put it flat, you can easily snap it, take the same ruler and put it upright and try bend it, its nigh on impossible because it is able to resist tension through that axis.

The Ultra racing ones seem ok, I've seen a few Whiteline ones that have died due to rust so don't know what material they are using but seems pretty poor.

Edited by AdamB

i know they are more durable in terms of salt n shit but in terms of actualy performance how do they match up to the whitelines... as i have an ultraracing dealr in trinidad aka no shipping cost at all

Ay I get that like, what am getting at was the fact the way they advertise it as being say 20mm, the bar may well be 20mm in diameter but it isn't the way to determine the stiffness of the roll bar, if that was the case do you not think that we should be rolling round with the largest diameter roll bars possible? The stiffness can be changed by how its mounted.

I don't need a Hayne's manual, I fiddle with things where a bar of steel is considered sloppy and the roll bars we use are 150mm long and only 8mm thick plate steel.

Take a ruler and put it flat, you can easily snap it, take the same ruler and put it upright and try bend it, its nigh on impossible because it is able to resist tension through that axis.

The Ultra racing ones seem ok, I've seen a few Whiteline ones that have died due to rust so don't know what material they are using but seems pretty poor.

No because there is only so thick that you can justify making them. Too thick and you would get hardly any movement in the suspension and it would just become a negative like the guy says in the vid. Thats why they dont make them with 4 holes for every car.

My only point originally was that you were quick to tell people " Although the difference in mm with roll bars is not the thickness " which is a completely false statement. So if you are not sure on somthing why post complete trash? You are only educating people who dont know any better wrongly. Then they go telling people that and they tell others that. Its the beginning of misinformation.

So rather than pretending you know it all and then proceeding to give it the big I am and call me a cock just say you dont know or say your not sure someone else might know better. A few times in other threads I have seen you give misinformation just to look like your a wealth of knowledge I can't recall exactly what threads before you pull up that old line but I have seen it. That is purely the reason I was quick to jump down your throat.

As for calling me a cock when clearly everyone has seen you were indeed making yourself and I quote " look like a cock " I'd say this isnt adviseable either. Your on the internet you don't know who your getting wide with and at the end of the day you might go to shows that me or anyone else you get cheeky with could be at as well. So maybe you should pipe down a bit on the big boy chat.

I've proven my point here and I 100% understand arb's and most parts of cars. I have a piece of paper that says I'm qualified to give my opinion on it. Anyway I wanted to say my peace so you know the script if you want to continue with it then I'm more than happy to but maybe just consider my points and accept you cant always be right.

here whats going on will the TWO OF U SHAT APP.... lolwhy are you guys squabbling over this shit... all i wanted to know was which arbs to get that is all and i know now there is really ZERO NEED for u guys to be going at it over 22mm of steel o fuck hush