sub draining battery in a glanza

right people cant seem to figure this out.

i got a sub and amp wired up in my glanza , but a few days later it started to drain the battery ?

so we then put a switch into the car so i could turn off the sub and amp once the car is stopped, this lasted a week untill the battery went dead again..

my alternator is starting to act up at late, so would that have anything to do with it?

any info appreciated :)

What is the condition of the battery? How many volts?

What is the voltage when the car is running?

It may just be coincidence that the fitting of your sub has coincided with a failing alternator/battery

Some stereos I've found have permanent live remote cables for some reason. Does the battery still go flat if you disconnect the remote?

You do really need to check the alternator is outputting enough voltage though. Anything less than 13.5V is bad

dont just dive straight in. A multimeter is cheaper than an alternator and its a great tool to have. Check the voltage between your battery with the engine running if its around 13.5 - 14 volts your alternator is fine.

A wire could have shorted in your amp and draw a small amount of power. How quickly does it drain? Does the battery go flat when your driving? Because if it doesnt die when you are driving id be very doubtful about it being the alternator.

Its far more likely to be the amp or the battery thats knackered.

When you say your alternator has started to act up what do you mean by that?

Edited by StuDoc 72

Have the same issue, but with a worn Battery. As my engine is dead atm my dad said my sub was draining all the power, which technically is not possible when Radio etc is off. But also if the Sub draws too much power by hearing loud music (and even without music sometimes) the electronics in the car would sometimes (very rarely) restart on their own without shutting down the engine. In my case this should be due to a dead battery, as I accidentally left the inner light on in winter and after draining all the energy the battery froze through (waited one and a half days to let it warm up in my living room and another day to charge it :D )

Well, as I have similar issues, I would say in your case the Alternator is knackered. Maybe the battery has some failure too, but certainly the sub has nothing to do with this, it's just there and as it's not stock people tend to say it's the reason for failure.