Hi all

One of my friends starlet has a slight problem , basically cold start his car doesnt smoke(well it does that slight white kind of smoke that smells of fuel not no thick smoke)<~~ like mine used to aswell think a few mapped starlets do.

under boost it doesnt smoke, when he revs it , the first rev leaves a puff of blue smoke.

Also he said for the first time he noticed after a little run he left car on idle so it was fully warmed up. When on idle it was giving out blue smoke , but then he turned it off , 2mins later he turned it on and it wernt smoking.

So could it be turbo seals,?

Or something else

Lee I think mine need doing too:/ when I first start it it blue smokes but don't smoke on boost just when I rev it on idle it does a bit ?

Feel free to send it to me for a quote buddy! Keiran designed your turbo so he'll be able to sort it again no doubt! Does it smoke on overrun at all?

Yeah it's more than likely just be the seals mate, as you don't notice a difference in performance it just smokes as the piston rings are worn!

It's about £188 to replace seals, usually takes a few days.

Can get it picked up whenever you want. We use our own courier at work. Just let me know when it's off the car :)

Normally same day collection if you let me know before dinner time

Yeah mate send it back free of charge aslong as we do the work, if not there's a courier charge and your turbo is likely to come back in pieces from where we've stripped it to report on it.

Totally upto you mate td04 is awesome but that hybrid you have should make td04 power and spools quicker so just depends what you want from it.

It's a awesome turbo mate and its the only one on the world like it too! Custom turbos FTW!

Think it works out about £188 mate might be a little more or a little cheaper but ill clarify price before we do any work! Collection and return couriers are free and it'll be ready to put straight back on will just need priming like any new turbo does.

Priming is just making sure the turbo has oil going to it before initially starting it up mate, will include a bulletin with the turbo to tell you how to do it. If you run it dry it'll snap the shaft.

Yeah new bearings and seals will be put In it mate. Let me know when it's off and ill arrange the courier.

Ye sweet mate will be not this week coming but next , do you know how long you normally take in general ? Lookin forward to this, gives me a chance to respray my mani and paint the engine block up ;)

It's normally a day each way for couriers and a day to do the work. So like three days. Normally 2 days if you drop it In over reception but obviously you're quite far from us.