So, before i spend a lot of money i need some advice, please bare with me.

Imagine identical supporting mods intake, exhaust, injectors etc etc And running on eManage Ultimate.

4e TD04 - 1bar

5e TD05 - 1bar

What i want to know is how these would compare in terms of spool and power

Then

Forged 4e TD04 - 1.6bar

Forged 5e TD05 - 1.6bar

Again, same question about spool and power.

I know theres the leaderboard but id like peoples opinions/experience

Thanks

5e means better torque, either way. And spool will be about the same as they are simlar in size compared to the egine size if ya get me. Power wise td05 will make more but even on a forged 4e td05 would make more over the td04 just be a bit more laggy over the 4e td04 route. Dont write of the gt series turbos as you can get td05 power from td04 spool times. Look at socks and ryan-11 for examples of gt setups. Both massive power on 4e engines.

I had my TD04 at between 1-1.2 bar on a 4e, i know this will sound silly but i wished it was slightly more laggy lol. When i set it up i was getting full boost before 3500k.

My old WRX had a TD05 18g on it and holy fuck when that came on full chat it was intense to say the least.

I'd go for 4e with TD05 16g.

And Weyro, why you selling that GT28 kit anyway ??

A GT28 will spool as fast as a td04 easily. It's new technology vs Dinosaur tech lol. It just costs a lot more, more than what most people are willing to pay considering the turbo on its own is near enough a grand. I've worked out that roughly a 5E could get a GT28 to spool 1 bar around 3300rpm.

Both will be pretty similar, but the 5E will make more torque which can make all the difference.

Edited by AdamB

I did a bit of reading up on them when i had my Impreza, and alot of the BPU guys swore by them. The twin scroll ones are ment to be beast. Not sure what alot of them max out pressure wise.

Sean or SJ Browning on here has just bought a VF10, its of similar size to a TD04 but with better spool characteristics.

Depends on the VF turbo dude. some of the old ones dont like much above 1.4 bar. Like the VF24 I have but they will still flow 320-330 with the spool of a TD04

Vf35s etc can do 1.7 bar etc all day long

Im going 5E VF24 So im interested to see how early it spools!

A td04 won't last very long at 1.6 bar for sure. They are near enough beyond their efficiency at 1 bar. 1.4 bar would be the max, anymore you would have to run water/meth injection.

Td05 will be good upto like 1.8 bar from what I've seen.

Depends on the VF turbo dude. some of the old ones dont like much above 1.4 bar. Like the VF24 I have but they will still flow 320-330 with the spool of a TD04

Vf35s etc can do 1.7 bar etc all day long

Im going 5E VF24 So im interested to see how early it spools!

Nope thats a load of shite lol, its like 1 or 2 threads on the whole internet where people have no idea.

They are a Group N rally turbo and can cope with decent boost pressures!