What's the deal with civic rads?

I've now got a 4age lump sat in the bay of an SR and because of how far out the manifold sits it only leaves room for the stock rad, or as many of you have done when making space in your bays.....fit a civic rad!

But my questions are:

Can it be any old civic rad or am I looking for a specific model?

And is the fitment just a case of buying a mounting kit and messing about with the pipe work a bit?

Ta :)

I've now got a 4age lump sat in the bay of an SR and because of how far out the manifold sits it only leaves room for the stock rad, or as many of you have done when making space in your bays.....fit a civic rad!

But my questions are:

Can it be any old civic rad or am I looking for a specific model?

And is the fitment just a case of buying a mounting kit and messing about with the pipe work a bit?

Ta :)

Any EG/EK civic radiator will work...

Best to go for an alloy one so it will last...

The main reason the civic one works so well is the hose positions are roughly the same when fitted to the passenger side of the car :)

Any EG/EK civic radiator will work...

Best to go for an alloy one so it will last...

The main reason the civic one works so well is the hose positions are roughly the same when fitted to the passenger side of the car :)

I've been looking at the Tegiwa one? I've got the hoses just need a mounting kit then is that correct....dont want to have to do too much messing about fitting it?

If anyone else has any recomendations of kits that would be helpful too :)

It depends on how far forward your engine sits. I think yours is slightly further back than mine so you should be ok. But mine the lower pipe is rubbing on where the front engine mount (or 4efte downpipe brace) bolt to.

I've got a sleeve on where my pipes rubbing though.

Mount kits fine. Tegiwa rad is also what im running. If anything its slightly too good a my temps are a tad cold, but im going to replace my thermostat to hopefully cure that :)

It depends on how far forward your engine sits. I think yours is slightly further back than mine so you should be ok. But mine the lower pipe is rubbing on where the front engine mount (or 4efte downpipe brace) bolt to.

I've got a sleeve on where my pipes rubbing though.

Mount kits fine. Tegiwa rad is also what im running. If anything its slightly too good a my temps are a tad cold, but im going to replace my thermostat to hopefully cure that :)

Ah ok sweet, i'll go with one of those then :)