Any offshore workers here? Help me :)

Any fellow starlet owners on here work offshore on a rig? Been looking at getting into that line of work but it seems harder than it looks to find a job on one, need a change of career!

I'm offshore on turbine transfer boats matey but similar qualifications !

Stcw-95 firefighting

Stcw-95 offshore sea survival

Stcw-95 halth and safety

Stcw-95 first aid

Working at heights

Working in confined spaces

Eng-1 medical

They are standard requirements just to step foot on most rig/turbines then you want your trade on top of that, easiest is a riggers course with basic pay starting around £150 a day for level one and upwards of £300 for level three.

There are demands for many types of trades from sparkies to scaffolders.

Hope that's a help pall.

Edited by Azz

Cheers buddy, im going to get the BOSIET course, and im studdying welding at the minute, does that course cover the sea survival, health and safety, firefighter etc...? I read there that you need training in fueling a helicopter, and escape in a helicopter ? Its so hard to find information lol. Thanks for helping out tho bud

I have been reading online all day at it seems thats the most popular way, knowing someone! Its daunting because the course is going to stand me around 1k for most of what i need and then what happens, be a sickner to just waste a bag of sand and get nowhere!

Yeah suppose that will all work in my favour! Aww fuck that, safer and dryer tho! Haha. I want to get into deep sea welding but the course is 13.5k and thats just a basic one, so i need a job where i can save good money! This retail and metal work in NI just isnt cutting it atm.

Hey guys im wanting to get offshore as well but im only 17 i just completed my renewable energy engineering course at college but fancy'd a change so going to be doing HND petroleum engineering when i go back to college in September and the course is two years. Also applied for apprenticeship with opito for mechanical technician and went for my aptitude test but unfortunately never got in :sad:

Yeah anything subsea is usually expensive. I'd love to get into sat but I have heard the courses are like 40k plus!

I was on a dsv and speaking to the dive super, he was saying that best way to get into sat is become a rigger and get some qualifications while working then since you have a good record as deck crew they would be likely to give you a shot at sat.

Yeah sat is where the money is! My woman's dad works on a sat vessel, he's the 'overlord' if you would call him that, he watches over the divers on camera keeping them safe and stuff, he said he can help me out but I'm nothing without the qualifications! Theres a place in scotland i have been in contact with, they do it for around 14k but thats not the sat course, its the hse, sqa approved stuff, and you also need a divers log with a certain number of hours clocked up on it -_- but i am determined so hopefully some day! Lol heres the course

http://www.professionaldivingacademy.com/diving-courses/view-course-details.asp?courseId=23

Going to be honest, never heard of that company. The company i work for has a subsea division, so I'm hoping I can sneakily slide across lol. Got a few mates who work for companies who have dsv's as well. Although I would love a 3 & 3 as deck crew. Decent enough money and no pressure. And half the year off!

Your birds old man would be the dive super I imagine. I assume he was a sat rat before aye?

Seems legit but i will be doing some real studying before i part with cash like that! Yeah he was matey, but he got it HANDY! The government paid for everything when he did it because back then it wasn't as big as it is now and they where crying out for people! If only that was the case now! Be handy on your part to get in like that! Be hard to beat haha. I will keep living and hoping i suppose! The banks aren't keen on lending atm either lol

I'm offshore on turbine transfer boats matey but similar qualifications !

Stcw-95 firefighting

Stcw-95 offshore sea survival

Stcw-95 halth and safety

Stcw-95 first aid

Working at heights

Working in confined spaces

Eng-1 medical

They are standard requirements just to step foot on most rig/turbines then you want your trade on top of that, easiest is a riggers course with basic pay starting around £150 a day for level one and upwards of £300 for level three.

There are demands for many types of trades from sparkies to scaffolders.

Hope that's a help pall.

Who do you work for? Im a wind turbine technician for siemens on teesside windfarm

Who do you work for? Im a wind turbine technician for siemens on teesside windfarm

The company is called turbine transfers pall, had an SAP on yesterday that's just left teeside Jonathan janz if you know him.

I'm currently on the lincs farm off skegness

Cheers buddy, im going to get the BOSIET course, and im studdying welding at the minute, does that course cover the sea survival, health and safety, firefighter etc...? I read there that you need training in fueling a helicopter, and escape in a helicopter ? Its so hard to find information lol. Thanks for helping out tho bud

Your offshore sea survival should do helicopter escape pall, the standard sea survival only covers boat and small platforms abandonment

The company is called turbine transfers pall, had an SAP on yesterday that's just left teeside Jonathan janz if you know him.

I'm currently on the lincs farm off skegness

I dont know him no and i used to be on lynn and inner dowson a while back haha i was on the windcats when i was down there though i think i only went out on one of the turbine transfer vessels once you will be on the floatell then if your on lincs wont you?

Or do you have to sail the 2 hours from grimsby everyday still lol

I have been running out of Sutton bridge pall, moving up to Grimsby tomorrow to train some new skippers