Boost controller with a EMB ecu ???

yes I have a emb mapped at 1.0 at the minute and the waste gate is set up to be running 1 bar of boost. im just wondering how will I be able to wire a boost controller in when the emb is mapped at a bar of boost will it mess it up if I run 0.3 then 1.1 when its mapped at 1 bar still ? how will it work ?

yes I have a emb mapped at 1.0 at the minute and the waste gate is set up to be running 1 bar of boost. im just wondering how will I be able to wire a boost controller in when the emb is mapped at a bar of boost will it mess it up if I run 0.3 then 1.1 when its mapped at 1 bar still ? how will it work ?

If you want to run an EBC, you just plumb it into the wastegate. Although you can't go any lower than wastegate spring pressure.

If you run 0.3 bar the car will run rich, if you want to run 1.1 bar it will run lean, although if its been mapped properly it should be setup to be slightly rich incase of an overboost situation anyway.

Is it external wastegate? Or still running actuator?

If its external you'll have to get a 0.5 bar spring, then if you set the controller to off this will be your boost pressure. Then just use the EBC to raise it upto 1.2 bar (although you will need the ecu re-mapped).

If running an actuator, you'll just have to to adjust it to reduce the boost down to 0.5 bar, then use the EBC to raise like with an external gate.

Edited by AdamB