What to buy to improve performance?

oh deer! oh deer! i thing that we are starting to turn in to TGTT?!

tins is not a good thing this is UKSC a happy place wear wee are all palls

tinitn

No No Tintin that will never happen.

Its the minority of one here, cutting springs is a cheap method but is also not worth it.

If you care about your car and your own well being then do things properly.

Joz

No No Tintin that will never happen.

Its the minority of one here, cutting springs is a cheap method but is also not worth it.

If you care about your car and your own well being then do things properly.

Joz

lol I no its a bit off topic but just recently i have notice a lot of disagreement on UKSC but not to worry it will be ok

If I was in your shoes I'd go for a set of Pi lowering springs which will set you back around £100 from ebay. If you can't fit them yourself I think you'll be looking around £50-£100 for fitting. Then I'd go for a BOV with the money I have left, might need to save abit more for a decent one (HKS Blitz etc?)

I will buy D2 coilovers in a few weeks when i get my bursary through from college. Then at xmas i will be getting my Rota slipstreams. I have a blitz SS BOV on my car at the moment so no need to worry about that.

I think i will go for an air filter, exhaust, and de-cat. Plus a FCD. That £250 will pay for one or two of those. Bursary and lone and income for the other. Plus i will get money from relatives at xmas yeeeha!

in my opinion mate do the brakes.........

3g 10 groove disks

mintex 1144 pads

cusco bmcs

braided brake lines.

you can get that lot for around the 250 mark. you will get the alot for your money and will be a complete brake overhaul.

if you really arnt fussed with safty and want to go power then

hks actuator and turn it up to 0.8bar

trd panal filter

decat

then strip the bitch out!

meh, for 250

id invest in the eps handling with an anti roll bar and lift kit, you will be able to cover ground a hell of alot quicker even on standard suspension. i cant stress these mods enough.

after that you should be left with a ton, buy an uprated actuater, and set it tp 12psi or .8bar,

then with the 30 left over get a filter and some induction tubeing

gut the cat if your technicaly able and change the brake fluid and give it a good bleeding,

i wouldent invest in an fcd until you have some sort of fual management sorted out. its pointless.

these are recomendations that i think will make the biggest difference to your ep based on experience.

yeah no harm guys but im still waitin for one of u to provide a technically correct argument as to why he should not cut his springs.

even tho insulted straight away Simon has had the decency to provide u with the scientific/technical argument for how it can be done correctly and safely if the springs allow, how come no one has backed up their insults with some actual facts??

any takers or are we gonna hide behind 'your a pratt' comments?? thats not wot this forum is about this aint TGTT! SOMEONE PROVIDE A DECENT COUNTER ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!! if your so sure of your comments then at least back them up!

im sorry to loose my patience like this but i have met simon several times and Nath speaks very highly of him and i firmly believe he knows wot he's talking about and will not see him insulted for no good damn reason!

so as i have requested, provide a reasonable counter argument or apologise for your insults.

Phil.

Phil my paddiwan you make me smile :)

Right girls I think you should get your facts straight before calling my learned friend a Prat.

Chopping springs has been going on for many years, it comes from old skool modifying when people didn't have loads of cash. It is something that is still greatly done today, as Simon mentioned it is covered in Practical Performance Car but this has been covered by many car magazines over the years even by Max Power and Fast Car(when they used to be good magazines) plus you'll see it going on in programs such as American hot rod!!

But if you also take the time to read Simons first post:

If it's totally stock first thing i'd do is chop the springs but only if you know what your doing

Read into this what you will, but I'm sure he make a suggestion but with a caution?

But as has been mentioned, there are many considerations to be taken into account:

1. Knowledge
  2. Age of springs
  3. Type of spring
  4. Confidence you can actually do it safely

Please get you facts straight before you come out with comments like these, this is a quality forum that has a friendly atmosphere and we would to keep it that way ;)

Anyway back to topic

in my opinion mate do the brakes.........

3g 10 groove disks

mintex 1144 pads

cusco bmcs

braided brake lines.

you can get that lot for around the 250 mark. you will get the alot for your money and will be a complete brake overhaul.

I agree with Keirz, you should do your brakes first dude. It will make a huge difference, and you can have the confidence that when you choose to drive that bit faster that you will stop safely :p

Nath ;)