I did a compression test on my car today and they all came back at 8.6 bar or 125psi is that low for a 4efte, what should stock compression be? I know with different head gaskets and internal parts the compression should be lower etc but as far as im aware my engine was stock but it also takes being hammered very well

that was warm and throttle wide open, are machine was not the best though tbh its not burning oil it runs fine no knocks bangs rattles etc no coolant disappearing runs mint

You getting any excessive amount of crankcase pressure out the breather?

Would try the test again, and try a wet test with a tea spoon of oil down the bore to check for ring and cylinder sealing.

You getting any excessive amount of crankcase pressure out the breather?

Would try the test again, and try a wet test with a tea spoon of oil down the bore to check for ring and cylinder sealing.

no its not breathing heavy or chucking oil out the breather or anything it runs like new I was expecting one of the cylinders to atleast be well different but they were all the same so if our machine aint reading right but there all consistent then reckon it will be higher and consistent on another machine so will try with another

What should low comp forged pistons be?

There's more to it than just the pistons. Headgasket thickness, deck height, etc.

Low compression is shit and makes the car a ass to drive.

Edited by AdamB