EP91 Loom to ecu MAJOR PROBLEM

Changed the thread after trying more stuff basically I had 2 16 pin connections for the ecu and one needs to go. I need a picture or description of colour for both the 12 and 16 pin connections to make sure there wired up the right way.

Edited by Wardy1988

It's a 91 glanza loom with a 91 ecu but I have 2 16 pin connection blocks instead of 1 16 pin and 1 12 so I need to know which block to cut so I can wire up the 12 pin correctly in the hope it will spark before I have to get an auto electrician in. I have the diagrams but would prefer a picture with a description of which wires do what and where they should go. Make sense?

Glanza loom? Glanza engine loom? Glanza dash loom? what part of it have you got ?

You still got the n/a dash loom then?

Tbh get a picture and itll be easier for me to work out. As even i cant make sense of what your saying atm. Its better to use a gt engine loom, with a gt ecu as they are very similar to the n.a stuff and not much needs to be changed.

From what I have been told (not good with electrics) it's a glanza engine loom and ecu but an ep82 engine. Bought it all from a guy who said just put it all in and it will work but of course it don't oh and as for dash loom it's just a standard ep91 as far as I know so just gonna get an auto spark to sort it cba with the hassle now

Right ok well I know amongst the bits I have there's a gt ecu and part of an engine wiring loom but I would still have no clue where to start however it may make the sparks job easier if its there will let you know what happens

Can you put some pics up of the plugs you mean? The gt loom is easy to do. The only problem you may have is the wiring for the wipers is taped up within the engine loom. Its not massively complicated but it could be a pain in the arse also.

As soon as I get on to a pc I will its all the stuff that comes from the fusebox, been offered a gt loom but the problem is it doesn't seem to have the 16pin ecu connector onli the 26 pin and also could i use a 91 fusebox

Edited by Wardy1988

you dont need all of that, compare the pinouts of the ecu's. all you basically need to do is splice in the GT ignition system in place of the n/a's, knock sensor and change the map sensor.

25904161044.jpg

just follow that with the pinout

Edited by RobSR

Use N/a everything, engine loom, fusebox etc. Chop the bits you need off the GT ENGINE LOOM and replace them with the bits that dont fit the fte engine on the n/a engine loom. Its basically Knock Sensor, Ignitor, Distributor, Coil, Sensors on the inlet/tb. Then use the diagrams ive linked so you put them to the right places, and swap a couple of the pins round on the ecu.

The diagrams i posted is all you need.

Edited by RobSR

Right ok then il let my guy at the garage know, he may have already chopped the n/a loom to peaces so il have to see what he says. Thanks for your help and being patient hopefully at some point il have a car back out of all this

Oh and also does that mean I should use the gt ecu?

Edited by Wardy1988