Jam FCD and diagnostic code 42

Right ill start from the beginning...

My engine management light flickered on my Glanza a few days ago more than 3 times but now isnt showing, so yesterday i decided to put my works Launch diagnostic equipment on it which gave me error code 42 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS).

From previous experience this usually indicates to an ABS/speed sensor on one or more of the 4 wheels.

Will this cause running issues with my car? Reason im asking is i put a thread up on the Fueling and Ignition section about my idling problems and jerky ride. Also the lag in my Glanza is crazy :sad:

Anyway back to it.. The Launch diagnostic machine cant delete the fault code through the computer and has to be done manually. It gave me two options - 1. Take the main ecu fuse out for 30secs or more or 2. Disconnect the battery for 30secs or more.

So i disconnected the battery and fault code still remains <_< ??????? Help?

As for the JAM FCD... I just want to make sure its wired up correctly to the map sensor as the wiring is a mess where it joins to it.

Its wired in to the the map sensor as should be but the red and black wire for the FCD is going straight to the battery!! Is this correct?

Im sure I&#39;ve heard its ment to be spliced into the loom properly? When i disconnect the earth wire and start it up it runs like a bag of S**T which indicates it must be working.

Here's some photos to show what i mean;

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Cheers guys

Right sorted the idle problem and the boost delay..

Turned out to be my JAM FCD which was wired into the map sensor. Took it off and put it back to standard and it's fine! :D

Only problem now is I&#39;ve got a high end misfire/splutter when boosting??

It boosts just above a bar where as before with the FCD connected it would boost on a bar.

I&#39;ve got a HKS adjustable actuator so should I turn the boost down a little??

But I&#39;ve hit fuel cut before in my old glanza and it was like hitting a brick wall :shok:

This is different but i guess it could just be fuel cut and limiting fuel casing it to mis on high revs.

How do i over come this problem without using a FCD? Cheapest option preferably? Heard piggy back ecus are a good touch but not sure on prices

Cheers