Wishbone "crush tube" removal. **help needed**

Hi folks,

As above, failed n.c.t on rear bush (passo side) as well as other things. So I thought this'd be the best time to put on my Whiteline anti lift kit. Got the wishbones (both sides) off ok, the front bushes took some time, but came out eventually.

Here comes the problem!!!!!

Burnt the rear bush off easy enough, now I'm left with the Crush Tube (metal sleeve) that's on over the arm on the rear of the wishbone. I need to get this off , for it to fit into the polybush in the A.L.K.

Anybody done this before??
Or got any good tips on how to get it off??

Cheers,

Al.
:)

metsl hacksaw it of at an angle dude,being careful not to cut into the wishbone,then hammer and chisel to pry of the weakend and cut "sleve".

works for sure and as far as im aware one of the only ways.good luck

Edited by mikey4410

metsl hacksaw it of at an angle dude,being careful not to cut into the wishbone,then hammer and chisel to pry of the weakend and cut "sleve".

works for sure and as far as im aware one of the only ways.good luck

Was thinking that or heating mate, cheers.

angle grinder for speed with the same above method :)

dont heat it

Tried that on old wishbone & cut into it.

i used a angle grider on my old 106 rallye ones and its to easy to cut through to far and i certainly wouldnt recommend it.

See above reply.

yea fair play to ya ryan and i didnt mean any disrespect mate ,honest i didnt,im sure ure a hell of alot better with one than me but us odd users of them just dont always get it right and its costly mistake.

when i messed up me 106 wishbone when polybushing it cost me like 50 quid for a new one.pissed me

aww need to manup on your angle grinding skills then :)

saying that i use them alot at work so im quite comfortable using them lol

Good enough with a grinder mate, but don't want to f**k it up & fork out cash for new one's. Hah. :thumbsup:

yea fair play to ya ryan and i didnt mean any disrespect mate ,honest i didnt,im sure ure a hell of alot better with one than me but us odd users of them just dont always get it right and its costly mistake.

when i messed up me 106 wishbone when polybushing it cost me like 50 quid for a new one.pissed me

I'm on the same page as you there mikey. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know you didn't bud :) I didn't either if I came across cocky aha.

Good job getting the one off :) what method did you go with after?

• 2 months later...