Advice and Help needed!?

Let me just start off by saying sorry if this is wrong section..

I've been a pretty big fan of UKSO for a while attending japfest etc and just general chat with owners. One of my friends owns a SR who pretty much got me into this.. I know off someone selling a sportif.. the problem I am facing is that this will be my first car however it has done 170,000 miles. The previous owner I know quite well and I know he has taken care of the car from when he had first brought it. (early last year). I can get the car at a very cheep price compared to what I would pay from a non friend. Do you think it would be a bad idea?

I know quite a fair amount on how to maintain the car etc, I'm just worried if there will be any majour issue's. He says the tracking is a little out thats it and it will pass the MOT in September easy.

Blue Startlet Sportif - 3 Door. Please tell me your own opinions thanks for the help!

Dude it doesnt matter with that mileage as u can get a replacement lump for 150 for n/a.

Well worth a punt if its a gud condition motor.wouldnt put me of that one lil thing.

If in doubt do a compression test,see and hear the car started from cold etc.try a hot start etc etc.makesure u do ure checks and chances are its fine.wouldnt be surprised if it went on past 200 k miles easy.its a low power jap motor.

And i agree with daniel g also.do thadt